I started this post, happy as a clam (why is a clam happy? I'd really like to know!), went out for an hour and a half, came back and found bits of my Sirius radio plug all over the floor, Hunter looking at me all shamefaced! I am so mad and sad, but I've had my cry and now I'm hoping to distract myself by blogging, so here goes:
What do you think of this card I whipped up yesterday? I really like how it turned out! I needed something quick for a baby shower, so I turned to my pinterest "Cards" board and was inspired by this one here. Then when I opened a little tin of embellishments I'd packed for the Fiesta crop weeks ago to look for twine, I found this ready made rosette! Cool!!! I totally forgot I'd made it! Don't you love it when that happens? Here's a close up:
Turns out I didn't even need a card, somebody made one on the computer for everyone to sign, but hey, gives me an excuse to play and enter some new challenges:
Cards for Men #11 - Congratulations
Craft Your Passion Challenge #112 - For Baby
Here Come the Boys Challenge #28 - Anything Goes
Supplies (mostly from my May Counterfeit Kit): My Mind's Eye and Echo Park patterned paper, Twinery twine, Tim Holtz tissue tape, CTMH stamp set, Memento ink, button from my stash
It feels like I haven't blogged in ages (even though it's only been a week) so I feel I need to ramble on a bit here. If you've come simply to visit my card, feel free to skip this bit, head straight to comments and leave me some love, 'cause I sure do need it today (I love my radio something fierce, don't know what I'm going to do without it, not to mention I just paid for another year's subscription!)
- Do you know my friend Roz? She is just the sweetest person around, and she has some super sweet candy to give away to a lucky follower! Get on over there before the end of the month for your chance to make a new friend and maybe win big!!!
- Are you a Beastie Boys fan? I looooove the Beastie Boys, I had this T-shirt once that I wore so much that it pretty much disintegrated. I was very sad to hear that Adam Yauch, aka MCA, died of cancer at the age of 47. That is way too young!
- On a more positive musical note, Linkin Park, Metric, and The Offspring all have new songs out! Not that I'll be listening to them on my radio any time soon...
- I've been pinned!!! Actually, I've been pinned twice, but the first time I didn't know enough about pinterest to get really excited about it. Anyway, you can find the pins here and here. Thanks, Emma and Gayle, I'm truly honoured!
- Speaking of pinterest, what's with those Ryan Gosling pins that keep popping up, the ones that say, "Hey, girl..."? I don't get it, was that a famous line from a movie or something?
- And what about those "Keep Calm" pins, how did that start? I wish I'd pinned the one I saw that said, "Get Mad and Break Stuff" - too funny!
- I was meeting a friend downtown last Friday to check out the Farmer's Market, so I bought a Tim Horton's coffee for $1.95. I parked my car, reached over the console to grab my purse, and knocked the whole thing all over the passenger seat! Grrrrrrr, I didn't have any paper towel to clean it up, just a roll of toilet paper (don't ask!) and Jason's work long johns. But get this - as I was cleaning it up, I found a toonie on the ground outside my car. Weird! It's like fate paid me a nickel to dump my drink!
- The running program is going...well, it's going. The good news is my time is improving every night. The bad news is that my glutes are seriously weak (is that why I have saddlebags?) and I kind of hate it. I love the group, I love the fact that I'm getting out three times a week to exercise, but running is just not my thing. I'm going to finish up the clinic, tonight and Friday, and then I have to keep the momentum going and find something that I actually enjoy. Yup, simple, right?
- During Monday night's run around the marsh, these geese waddled up onto the trail and hissed at me! Scared me half to death! As I got farther down the trail, I saw a bunch of mom's and dad's with their little fluffy goslings (not of the Ryan variety!) walking in a line - it was so adorable!!! I went back today to try and snap some photos, but the geese weren't out - maybe they only come out at dusk? I better bring my camera tonight, just in case!
- I made Top 3 at Frosted Designs for this card! Woohoo!!!
- Did you make a project this month using a handmade flower? If so, you still have a couple of days to link it up at Seriously Creative Challenges, I'd love it if you did!!!
Well, blogging didn't really help me get my mind off that stinker of a puppy, so I better get out and walk him. I'd rather get some actual scrapping done (or reading, I'm into this incredible book right now, practically devouring it!), I've been working on the same layout for a week now, but then he'll just find something else to eat when I pick up Brenna, so... a walk, it is!