Monday, November 28, 2011

Layout #67 - October Project 12




Didn't I just finish my September P12 layout? Seems like it! Well, this month I'm managing to get it done right at the last minute, but on time, so that's better, right? Here's the sketch we were given this month:
I changed it a bit more than I normally would, by flipping the right and left pages, then swapping out the 5x7 photo for 2 4x6's. I also had larger sizes for my other photos because I am cheap and the photo place charges more for smaller prints than the standard 4x6. Can anyone explain why this is fair? A 4x6 collage is printed on a piece of 4x6 paper with the same amount of ink as a standard print (at least I'm assuming it's the same amount of ink, there's only so much ink you can put on a piece of paper, right?), so why should it be 8 times the cost? Anyway, that's my little rant, I'm done now, haha! I'm not loving this layout, but hey, at least it's finished. I do like the felt accents, and I managed to put a dent in my brad stash by studding them up like that. I also like the stitching and the photos, and I like the fact that I was able to use up almost all of my Boom-Di-Ada paper pack to make room for more pretty patterned paper, my lifelong addiction! Have a good week, everyone!

Supplies: Close to My Heart patterned paper, cardstock, stamp sets (Giggle Caps and Cottage Floral), ink, and felt, Creative Memories pen, 7 Gypsies brads, Versamark ink, Judikins embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. It's lovely Roxy, and you are going to have a really lovely collection of layouts to remember 2011. Love the photos (I probably wouldn't remember to take photos of sick people!!!) and love the Autumnal colours of the papers.

    Not long to go now .... :)

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a fabulous layout Rox!!! I love the stitching and the bradded up felt (: It will be a great memory page for your kids to look back on!! Hopefully November has been a better month!!!
    HUgs!!

    PS I agree with you on the photo thing!! They need to learn how much business us scrappers give them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning Roxy! I loved the Boom Di Ada paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are WAY too hard on yourself! This is great!! I love all the curled edges and the sewing (so jealous - if only I had a working sewing machine AND a place to set it up so I could add stitching to my layouts ...sigh)
    Awesome job!

    Are you doing a December Daily this year? No pressure, just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, never mind ... just scrolled down and got my answer. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on your pages--stitching too, wow!
    I love BF Page Maps and Card Maps too. Doesn't seem to help, I'm sooooo far behind in scrapping!
    Thanks for the great comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fantastic! I love your double pager - and the whole concept with the theme is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete