Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Counterfeit Kit

We're past the midway mark of October, and I finally got my Counterfeit Kit together!  Here's the inspiration kit from Gossamer Blue:
When I'm making my kit, I always look to see if I have any of the exact papers from the original.  In this case, I had two - the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic woodgrain chevron (with a small strip missing!) and an almost full sheet of the journaling cards.  From there, I look at colours and/or patterns and see if I can come close.  And this is what I ended up with:


I've got some cardstock in the back row, then the two EP papers, followed by all Basic Grey, the first from Paper Cottage and the rest from PB & J.  I've also got some Spellbinders dies to make labels, and some labels I had previously printed to use in my SMASH books.  I only had one resin flower, so I added some shaped buttons that might be handy for embellishment clusters, and some half-used packs of alphas (Thickers, Stickopotamous, and Making Memories).  And finally, some chevron washi (Queen & Co.), a chevron stamp, some coordinating ribbon, and a package of sheer label shapes that I won as a prize and haven't used - hope I can figure out a way to utilize them this month.

Oh, and the best part of all is I am now the proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo!!!  I've been playing already and I'm so excited to see how I can use this tool to get some layouts and cards done this month!  Stay tuned!!!

9 comments:

  1. kewlio AND you got a chevron stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool.. some great matches of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne, looking forward to see what this challenge is and what you will be doing with it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. some day.... I might try this challenge. Since I've had to reorganize my scrap space in the move, I am realizing how much extra stuff I actually have. Your kit looks great (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great kit. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    I like the idea of creating kits but don't use them. I even took May Flaum's Kitastic workshop at Big Picture Classes and made a kit up ahead of time to use during the class ... but it's still sitting there pretty much unused. I did pinch the odd thing out of it for other projects! Don't think that really counts though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab counterfeiting - have fun with your cameo (slightly envious *sigh* from me LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great kit! Looking forward to seeing how you use all the awesome tags and journaling spots in your kit1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kit looks good and congrats on the Silhouette - it seems to be the hottest thing going these days! Enjoy both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful kit! Love all those chevrons in the mix. Those tags look delish! Can't wait to see what you come put with and congrats on the cameo.

    ReplyDelete