Monday, November 7, 2011

Card #21 - Saturated Canary, CPS, and Paper Sundaes



Holy cow, have you SEEN these images from Krista Smith at Saturated Canary?! Aren't they the cutest??? I'd been drooling over them for a while, so when I opened my Dashboard one night and noticed a post for a sale on this image for a limited time (it's actually a Christmas image, comes with a present/nutcracker that I trimmed out) I snapped it up right away! And good thing I did, too, lots of people missed out! Anyway, I tried colouring with new paper for this one, I think it was the Copic X-press stuff. It's super smooth, but I think there's a learning curve to it because I definitely overdid it in a couple of places. Plus I went out of the lines a whole bunch, so I had to trim her out (seems I do that with all my images anyway!) and I had a heck of a time with her ringlets! Overall, though, I'm pleased with the results. The challenge this week at Saturated Canary is a recipe: use 1 image, 2 papers, and 3 embellishments (I used twine, flowers, and pearls). Don't you love this sketch from CPS?:
I flipped it to fit the image, of course. I'm also entering this card at Paper Sundaes, who are asking for "rectangles" this week.

Supplies: CTMH and Copic X-press cardstock, Cosmo Cricket and unknown patterned paper, Twinery twine, Prima flowers, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Copic markers, and CTMH pearls

10 comments:

  1. Wow you've been a busy little crafty beaver!!Projects are looking fabulous(as always) I just recently came across the images awhile ago.I haven't had a chance to play yet.Love what you've done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Roxy, thanks for popping in at my blog :) I love the gorgeous colours you used on your card, and you're right - that image is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is soooo stunning! What lovely colour! I can't wait to see your creation when you join in one of my challenges! Whoo! Hoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, love the girlie and the colour scheme you have chosen!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your cards Roxy!! Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I was struck by the ringlets right away, you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card i love these images too she looks fab in pink thank you so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the twine on this! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweetie, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Roxy! I love the bright colours and your beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete