Friday, May 28, 2010

Card for SPCC #49

I went to Smithers last weekend, and they actually have a scrapbooking store, so I bought some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. It was funny, we were just coming to the end of our trip, everyone else had bought themselves a treat except for poor li'l Mama, and so I dragged the whole troop into this store so I could "browse". Well, let me tell ya, it was the quickest browse ever, because I had the husband harping on me ("Here's some hockey paper, buy this so we can get outta here!") and my daughter making all sorts of suggestions ("Mommy, they have some pretty paper here!") and the baby wanted to be fed and my son wanted ice cream at DQ. I grabbed the Glimmer Mist and the ladies at the store actually complimented my husband ("Usually the men don't come in here!") and got the heck out before the you-know-what hit the fan! This is the first project I made with the Glimmer Mist, and it was a lot of fun! The colours for the SPCC colour challenge this week are: Green Galore, Only Orange, and Bermuda Bay, so I used as close as I had for this card. To make the flowers, I just misted some cardstock with water, crumpled 'em up and stuck 'em on there, and I had a leftover scrap of glitter paper that I thought would make some great grass. Ta dah, there you have it, a happy little card!

Supplies: Close to My Heart White Daisy card base, For Every Occasion My Acrylix stamp set, and Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Crystal Blue, Creative Memories orange cardstock, Versamark Ink, unknown clear embossing powder and twine, Doodlebug Designs lime green sugar coated cardstock, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Blue
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Super fun card! Love all your texture and layers...that yarn stem rocks! Thanks for playing with us at SPCC!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card. And your story is sooo familiar! I can really identify with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need some glimmer mist!! Great flowers - looks so pretty!!!

    Deanne SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card - ya should have sent them all to DQ so you could browse longer LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card! TFS! Great job! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete