Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Birthday Card for My Mom

 Raise your hand if you think this is the funniest image ever!  There's something about a bunch of more mature, curvaceous ladies dancing around in tutus that makes me laugh!!!  I've had this stamp set from Artistic Impressions for a bit, but I had to be in the mood to colour, and finally I just went for it.  I used this sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday:
(flipped around to fit my image) and Copic markers for colouring.  I used the Fabulous line from Simple Stories (have I mentioned how much I love these papers?  Only about a billion times!) as my colour palette, added some embossed cardstock (new Sizzix folder that came in our goodie bags from Fiesta!) a paper strip punched with my new Fiskar's border punch (yay, finally bought a new border punch!) and some flowers and buttons from my stash.  All that work and I still didn't post it in time for the challenge, boohoo!  But on the up side, my mom loved it!

This is going to be a short post because I have to take advantage of Brenna's nap time to make Jason an anniversary card.  It was our 13th yesterday, and I think with all the hubub around mom's birthday and mother's day, I just didn't get time to make him anything!  Here's what he sent me yesterday:

Pretty cute, huh?  Kind of wish I thought of it first!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely freakin' LOVE that card!!!!! It is too darn funny (: and the Hello My Name is Fabulous!!? perfect addition to the image!!!!

    Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm glad it went by uneventful for you!!! I know I will dread my 13th cause on my Mom & Dad's 13th my dad went to put the bull in the barn before they left and it charged and ran over him. They ended up in the Emergency room eating an ice cream cone for supper ):
    I am playing catch up on your posts!! Sorry for being MIA but the lack of a computer can really put a damper on your blog surfing time ):
    I read about your near death experience and will fill you in on my similar story when I have more time!!

    Hugs!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...love the cute image and the awesome colours! :)

    Happy 13th anniversary to you and your husband and many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and love the way your other half wished you happy anniversary... Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the cutest image all right :) great card! Your hubby's a keeper, how sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! He's so sweet!!
    And yes, that is the funniest image ever!

    ReplyDelete