Sunday, June 10, 2012

April Project 12

It's a beautiful day in the South Cariboo, but I'm taking a break from the outdoor activities to bring you this layout:

I made a commitment to myself to continue on with the Project 12 idea this year, using a new Page Maps sketch each month to highlight our goings on.  For April I chose this sketch:
Isn't it a beaut?  I had to change some things a bit to make my photos fit, but I like how it worked out in the end.  Here's a close-up of the left page:

And the right:

The background cardstock was originally plain cream stuff - I coloured it first with Tea Dye Distress Ink, then I used some border punched scraps to make the vertical pattern, misting first with Tattered Leather and then Black Glimmer Mist.  I was looking to make a fairly neutral background so the brights of the photos would pop.  The journaling cards you see were a freebie from Secret Stash, but they're unfortunately not available anymore.

Made a couple more rosette flowers, and layered them up with little pink flowers, buttons, and a great paper doily.

Well, hope you had a great weekend!  Us here, we finally finished the backyard fence!!!  Only took a year to get going on.  Talk about procrastination!!!  This means I have a place to put Hunter when I go out for a couple of hours where he can't chew up Brenna's toys or books, or my radio!  You can!'t believe the stress that lifts off of me, phew!  Thanks for looking, and I appreciate all your comments, they always make my day!

Supplies:  CTMH cardstock, alpha stamp (Giggle Caps) and ink (Olive), Tim Holtz Distress Ink, border die, and tissue tape, K&Co Smash tape, BoBunny Double Dot and Echo Park patterned paper, Secret Stash journaling cards, unknown ribbon, photo corners, doily, and buttons




3 comments:

  1. Love it.. your back ground paper is really nice.. so glad you have the fence done will be good for both of you.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! As I type, I have a layout in progress on my desk ... MY April P12 layout using this sketch!! Do we share a brain? Seriously?! I love your take. Mine (of course) has an over abundance of pictures on it. sigh, one day I will be able to condense an entire month into 3 or 4 pictures ... maybe ...
    I love how you created your background paper. So clever! good job Roxy. Hopefully I'll get mine finished today and posted. I already like yours better though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page :) I love the artsy background and your embellishments!
    I'm seeing a lot of gorgeous scrapping lately and I really need to get on that wagon :) your pages are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete