Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Finally a Page from an Absent Roxy

Yes, I am here in Vanderhoof, alive and well (for the most part - I won't mention the little breakdown I had yesterday, as I am fully over it, and I also won't mention the amount of weight I've gained in the past few months, because that's just depressing!) and am sharing this layout I made when we first got here.  (I wasn't able to post it until today when I finally got internet up and going.)  I had my August Counterfeit Kit packed where I could grab it easily, and all my essential tools and adhesives ready, and this lovely page of my boy and Jason's mother last year is the culmination of my efforts.  I used this fun and interesting sketch from Creative Scrappers to pull it together:
Because the photos are B&W, I felt I could go a bit crazy with the patterns here.  Here's a close - up of one of the rainbow embellies, and some of the twine I stapled in place.

I have another page to share, but maybe I'll save it for tomorrow.  I should probably do some more unpacking or clean up the kitchen before Brenna wakes up, but I will tell you this:  I went to the Dr. today to see about my thumb.  She stuck a needle in it!!!  It friggin' hurt, but all that came out was blood, so maybe that's all it was, a blood blister needing to be drained.  I'll keep ya posted!   

6 comments:

  1. So glad you're able to scrap and share again!! I love that felt rainbow!! It's so cute! The twine is awesome too and I love your take on the sketch!! I'm glad you went to the dr about your thumb and that it seems to be ok :) I take it you survived prince george? I barely did! lol I'll tell you I'm soooo glad that school is starting and that we won't have to go anywhere for a long time! Good to see you though! I think I'm going to come to the crop at CA too!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Fabulous layout Rox!! I love the denim look with the little rainbows (: I must be PMSing cause the journalling made me cry??! I'm glad you got moved OK, I still don't know how you do it!!! Oh, the stamp I ordered with my winnings was the Art Impressions Dancer set!! After seeing your fabulous cards I had to get it (: I actually requested that she put it on the online store so I could!! I have to do a bit of packing over the next few days. My scrapbook room is going to be Azelyn's new room, so now I have to figure out where to put everything!! ): Not sure how I am going to do it but.....
    HUgs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Roxy! Look at you with your priorities all straight!! LOL! What a great way to make your new place feel like a home. Those rainbows are so cute! and glad to hear your thumb is all right!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great use of colours and layers with the b&w photos. super job. hope your thumb is better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plaids and circles are both just made for boy pages, aren't they. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colourful, fun page :) Love the felt embellishments and bakers twine, love the black and white photos - just love it!

    Ouch about your thumb though, hope it is all better now!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete