Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sketchabilities #103 - IRL

So, I've been blogging for quite a while now, and one of the things I love the most about blogging is the friends I've made!  Alison is one of those friends, and I was fortunate enough to meet her "in real life" last year:
I used my November Counterfeit Kit and this fabulous sketch from Sketchabilities:
I really love how this page turned out, and the fact that it documents such a special meeting is just icing on the cake!  Here's a close-up of some of the elements:
A butterfly and feathers cut with my Cameo.  And here's another butterfly with a border also cut with the Cameo:  
I'm not sure if the texture really shows up here, but I made the bricks with a stencil, some glimmer mist painted on, and then some texture paste and ink using the same stencil.  It looks really cool up close!

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Better get this posted before the linky closes!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable layout. Love all those Cameo cuts and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love that you got to document this and that you got to meet a fellow blogger! I love the brick pattern and that great texture it gives your layout! Lovin all the cameo cuts too! Hope all is well up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynnette & I got to meet irl too - so special.
    Gotta love the connections you make in the virtual scrappy world :~)
    Such a FAB photo & gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I love it!!! That was such a fun meting :) love all your layers Roxy - you are really rocking your Cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love the feathers and brick! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #103 at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful take on the sketch - love all the journaling!!

    ReplyDelete