Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Needed a Thank You Card in a Rush!

We received an unexpected (and very yummy gift) from Jason's Uncle Bryon last night! So of course he deserves a handmade thank you card! I whipped this one up amid kids fighting and screaming, and I am pretty much out of adhesive, hence the staples, so it ended up very simple, but I kind of like how it turned out. Anyway, the sketch is from Mojo Monday 101, and the colors are from Color Me Monday on Jeannette Lynton's blog (Desert Sand, Olive, Indian Corn Blue, and Sunflower).

Supplies: Olive, Indian Corn Blue, and Desert Sand cardstock, Sunflower patterned paper from Animal Cookies Level 2 paper packet, Dream Wishes and Dainty Thoughts My Acrylix stamp sets, and Desert Sand Exclusive Ink
Other: twill from my stash
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card - gorgeous design and papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the staples--great embellishment for this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually big on staples on cards but I love the way you have used them here! Great card to say 'thank you' to a guy. Jo x

    ReplyDelete