Sunday, June 20, 2010

SPCC #52


I forgot to mention that I made the Top 5 over at Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combos (SPCC- check out the link in my sidebar!) for a card I made a couple of weeks ago. When I saw my card in the Winner's Circle at the SPCC blog, I started yelling and calling everyone over to see. My kids were all like, "Way to go, Mommy!" and "That's awesome, Mommy!" I say to my husband, "Hey, Jay, I made top 5!" And what does my husband say? "What, in the world?" Yeah, whatever, I know you're proud of me!

So this is my next submission for an SPCC challenge. The colours this week are Stampin' Up's Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, and Bravo Burgundy, so I substituted Blush, Garden Green and Garnet from Close to My Heart. I also had some Basic Grey patterned paper that matched up perfectly, even though there's a bit of yellow in there. The actual layout is scraplifted from one in the Feb/March '07 issue of Scrapbooks etc. I had it drawn out in my journal, so I must have liked it a lot because usually I just dog ear the page and never see it again. My husband took these photos using the sepia setting on our camera, and they turned out pinkish, so I think they look great with these colours - what do you think? And, seriously, IS there anything better than holding a sleeping baby?

Supplies (all CTMH): Blush, Garden Green, and Garnet cardstock, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Garnet, Chocolate Alphabet (small), Heartthrob, and Moments in Time My Acrylix stamp sets, chipboard heart from Dazzling Die Cuts

Other: Creative Memories pen, Basic Grey patterned paper

P.S. this is layout #40 for the year!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love the LO and the journalling Roxanne. And way to go for LO #40 this year...that rocks!!!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Rox! I love the colour combo, and the pics are precious (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Great job! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete