Monday, May 21, 2012

May Counterfeit Kit and a Smash Page

 A couple of things to share with you on this holiday Monday!  First up is a SMASH page I started ages ago, but it always needed just that last little touch.  Once I added the fussy cut butterflies, I figured it was done.  It's mostly random stories about Ailis, and some of them are pretty funny!  Here's a closie of the left page:
 And one of the right:
 The "laugh out loud" card is here (love this whole set!)  and the "today we..." card is here.  The green "TODAY" card I can't find anywhere, sorry 'bout that!  If you've visited my "SMASH book ideas" pinterest board, you may already realize that I have an addiction to free printables, and if you know where to look, you can find some awesome journaling cards!  I have a whole ziploc bag crammed full of 'em!!!

I feel like I'm a bit late this month getting my counterfeit kit together, but I missed the last two months and this month's kits are so gorgeous, I really wanted to make my own.  Here's the inspiration kit I chose to copy:
Isn't it pretty?  It's the Monmarte Add-On from Studio Calico's April '12 kits.  Of course I don't have any of the same products, but I was inspired by the colours, so this is what I came up with for papers:
The back row is all Echo Park This & That (love!) and the front row has from left to right: 2 BoBunny, MME, BoBunny Double Dot (only a half sheet unfortunately), Recollections, and Bazzill.

And here's the rest of what I pulled from my stash:

Yes, I know it looks a bit of a mess, but there is a method to my madness!  What I'm most excited about is turning my kraft scraps into journaling spots with white ink, white embossing powder, and some older stamps!  I've also got some ancient buttons and heart pins that I'd love to use up, and some newer product mixed in.  Ooooh, now I want to play, too bad I have to go for a run tonight, in the rain no less!  Hope everyone had a great weekend, and thanks for looking!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you're going to have fun with this kit! Can't wait to see what you make too!! I have been collecting stuff for a smash book, and I'm thinking I might actually get a chance to put it together sometime soon :) Love your smash book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have my smash book and have done nothing with it yet.. must get busy.. love how you do yours what a great way to keep memories.. Will be watching to see what you make with this kits... Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. your kit looks great - you picked out just the right colours! Very impressive. And the pile of embellies makes me smile too! I want to give the kraft journalling tags a go before the month is out - adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your smash pages! I haven't picked one up yet but I plan on it! Can't wait to see what you do with your counterfit kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm really liking your papers, and would love to dive into that stash of embellies as well. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your smash pages are fantastic and the kit you put together looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally loving your "smashings"!!! Love all the journalling and the use of the journalling cards like that! And I think that is a seriously great idea - the counterfeit (or however it's splelt lol!!!) kits! I really love seeing what you do with it! Fab fab fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kit! you are so inspiring!! Shopping your stash is SO key!
    Great Smash page too. Still not on board with the whole Smashing thing - despite Disney efforts - but I have signed up for Kidding Around 3 over at Big Picture Classes and bought smash books for the girls. Seems like it might be more up their alley than mine so I'm excited to see what they create. The class has officially started but I'm waiting until school is over for them to start. Another way to keep them busy and out of my hair this summer ... I hope!!

    ReplyDelete