I just love how this page turned out! I love the photo (my friend took it with her phone and then doctored it up with instagram - myself, I'm an instagram virgin, that was the first time I'd seen what it is!) and the boots (cute Quickutz die I borrowed at the Fiesta crop), the colours and the kite (I paper pieced that myself!) I used a Creative Scrappers sketch, but I erased it off my computer and I'm too lazy to go looking for it right now! Here's a close up of those boots:
I'm going to enter this page over at a new blog I found called "Use Your Stuff" - their challenge this week is to do a nature-inspired page.
So here I'll take some time to do a quick ramble for ya:
- I had a fantastic time at the NSD Fiesta crop put on by Creative Accents on the weekend! The food was prepared by a real live chef, and the goodie bags and prizes were fantastic - my door prize was a new set of Spellbinders!!! It was only marred by my trip home, where I came as close to death as a person can get without any actual bodily harm. A trucker was tailing me through a construction zone, where I was vigilantly obeying the speed limit of first 50 km and then 80 km an hour. When I didn't speed up for him (I'm assuming it was a man, but I suppose it could have been a female), he flashed his high beams at me. So I, developing a bit of fear and rage in equal doses, decided to roll down my window and give him the bird. Yeah, admittedly not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I was hoping it would get him to back off. It didn't! Instead the blankety blanker got even closer and turned his high beams on and kept them on!!! I have never in my life had something that big driving so close to my bumper! Right after that, I signaled and pulled over. I would have liked to get his licence plate number to report his reckless driving, but I couldn't see it. Needless to say, my heart was pounding like a jackhammer for most of the hour drive home.
- Nolan and Ailis came home super excited yesterday! The kid who threw rocks at Nolan's head last week jumped off the big toy at school and busted his ankle! How's that for karma? If I was a better person, I would have told the kids to show a little sympathy for him, but I guess I'm not that kind.
- I won the random prize at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge for April!!! Woot!
- Do you have a cleaning schedule for your home, or are you kind of random? I was always a random kind of cleaner, but now that I'm a pinterest addict, I've been taking note of some great ways to stay organized and clean better. I'm trying to follow a schedule this week, and hopefully once I get into the habit, it will mean that my bathrooms won't be so grungey all the time.
- I think I might have signed myself up for a running clinic. Ugh!
P.S. just had to add this - Oh, my God, I took Brenna and Hunter for a walk and had my first encounter with a snake in the wild! People have said that there are snakes this far north, but I've never seen more than a shed skin. It slithered right in front of me and I screamed!!! I know the ones here are harmless, but still...snakes freak me out!