Saturday, July 10, 2010

First Gymkhana with Woops-a-Daisy


Hey, everybody, I'm back from my little holiday, and it was very nice to get away and spend time with family, eat like crap, and not do any housework! Now that Nolan's off school, though, it seems like I'm constantly breaking up fights - it took me a whole week to do this layout! Well, it does have a lot of special extras, like machine stitching, a tissue paper ruffle, and some tear aways (is that what you would call them?) and I really like the end result, so it was worth all the time put into it. It was inspired by a layout in the October 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.
These photos are from 2 years ago, and I still have some more that I think I'll put in our family album. We were visiting family in Terrace, BC, and our cousin Michalla had a gymkhana to go to all day. She asked Nolan at first if he wanted to ride in it, and he said yes, but then changed his mind with lots of crying. He said he wasn't comfortable around horses! So Michalla asked Ailis, who was only 3 at the time, if she wanted to ride a horse, and she said, "Sure!" She was so cute with her borrowed lopsided bike helmet, sitting on that big horse, singing songs!

Supplies (all CTMH): patterned paper and cardstock from Whoops-a-Daisy Level 2 paper pack, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in White Daisy, Key to My Heart My Acrylix stamp set, silver brads, White Daisy flower brads, White Daisy embossing powder

Other: Prima flower, Creative Memories pens, Versamark ink, Hampton Arts alphabet stamps, tissue paper
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment