Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Creative Accents' October Stamp of the Month

Ack, totally forgot to post these yesterday for the first of the month!  Bad DT member, BAD!  Every month Creative Accents has a Stamp of the Month that they order in for club members at an extreme discount, and this month was my turn to play, yay!  I got this lovely Ranger Melt Art Texture Treads stamp called "Scattered Leaves" in the mail from Tara:
along with some BoBunny papers and washi tapes to play around with.  Now these texture treads aren't like normal stamps - they're made to work with UTEE, and you can either pour the UTEE right on to the stamp, or pour the UTEE into something and stamp into it with the Texture Tread.  I don't have UTEE or a melting pot, so I thought there wouldn't be anything I could use the stamp for, but after playing around a bit, these are the two cards I came up with:


I was totally inspired by Jennifer McGuire's cards she made in this video, although mine looks nothing like hers!  If you look at the image of the Texture Treads stamp up above, you'll notice that there are two sides to it, a positive and a negative.  For this card I inked up the negative side with Perfect Medium ink, embossed with clear embossing powder, then rubbed two different colours of Distress Stain (Spiced Marmalade and Antiqued Bronze) over the whole panel.  I then sprayed the panel liberally with water to blend the stain together.  Then I pieced my card together using strips of washi tape and paper.  I quite like the end result.   

But I really love how this one turned out:

Same basic idea, only this time I inked up my panel first with the same colour stains, heat embossed the positive side of the stamp, then rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the whole panel.  I love how the colours work so well with that BoBunny paper.  See that little bit of lattice in the background?  That's a new die from Spellbinders I got to play with too!  Here's a close-up view:


Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed my Autumn cards!  I think I will use this same idea to make some birthday cards, I have a few coming up soon and I am totally unprepared (as usual)!  

P.S. - I just heard that my Cameo has shipped, and I cannot wait to get my hands on that sucker - sooooooo many ideas, woohoo!  

6 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and thanks for the great technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roxy! I love, love, love that stamp! and as for your card, WOW!!! love that too!!! Thanks for the link and great ideas :)
    Oh, and BTW, soooo pleased you've joined us on FB to do the December Daily, should be fun!
    Suzie xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This is fabulous! And Lol at being a bad DT member!!! Ha ha ha! Mine's 3 days late!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are even better in person.. Love what you did.. have fun with your new machine.. I really need to use mine more.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Rox!! Thanks for giving us the details (: I'm out of the loop cause I'm not sure what a Cameo is, so I'm off to research it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Roxy! Sounds like you're playing with some fun products that I think I may want to get my hands on!! :)
    Oh, and totally jealous of your Cameo ... sigh! Might have to come over a play!

    ReplyDelete