Sunday, October 19, 2014

First Layout with My October Counterfeit Kit!

Wow, first layout in I don't know how long. I'm patting myself on the back right now! 
It features a photo of my two eldest, Nolan and Ailis, goofing off as per usual.

Seeing I haven't scrapped in so long, I needed to find a sketch to use for inspiration. I used this one from Let's Get Sketchy:
All supplies are from my October Counterfeit Kit.  I have CTMH background paper and gold polka dot vellum (wow, love that stuff, it's so gorgeous!  I had the rest of my piece laying out, and my husband put a frozen goat salami on the corner, and now it's warped - I was pretty mad!  Only a guy would put something wet on something paper, grrrrr!)  The yellow patterned paper is Crate Paper, and then there's a Prima flower and butterfly punched from some Simple Stories paper.  The doily is one I cut with my Silhouette some time ago from cream cardstock, then I just inked it with some CTMH Moonstruck ink.  The feather and button are from a dollar store.

One of the challenges from the folks at Counterfeit Kits was to use confetti on our project.  I found some sequins in my stash, but I didn't know how to do them all random.  So first I sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in my two corners, then spilled a handful of sequins in those areas.  Then I glued each little sequin down by hand.  A little tedious, but I'm quite pleased with the results.  Unfortunately, my confetti effect doesn't show up that great in my photos.
So that's it for me for today, but I am motivated to get started on my second layout.  Wish me luck!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my that gold vellum is FAB!
    So happy you got back to the paper & glue therapy, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that polka dot vellum! Such an awesome page! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Pic. Great job with thw sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch - love your silly photo too
    Thank you for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fun and colourful. Thank you for playing with our sketch at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your doily and silly photo! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at LGS, we love having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page and fun photo, love the polka dot vellum! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo is charming, and you've scrapped it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using a sketch is a great way to get started again! And the polka dot vellum is a great take for confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome page! Thank you for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!
    I just became your 100th follower on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Thanks so much, I can't believe I finally made it to 100!!!

      Delete
  12. Wonderful layout & I like your confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable picture and the page is so lovely. Thank you so much for playing with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete