Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Counterfeit Kit - "Sunny Skies"

Well, February was pretty much a write off as far as scrapbooking went!  With two birthday blasts, and now the flu running through the house, it's been pretty hectic, but now I'm ready to get some serious work done!  What better way to get motivated than to put together a kit?

Here's the kit the scrappy ladies at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog have decided to copy:


Pretty, huh?  Here's mine:
I started with the papers, as usual, specifically the one in the back left.  (I apologize for the photo quality, but it's the best I could do with my dark living room!). The back row is all from Close to my Heart.  The next row down is all Simple Stories, except the last which is from Fancy Pants.  The third row has 1 Prima, 2 MME, 1 Echo Park, and one Carta Bella.  And the very front row is Amy Tan.  The last paper reminded me of the doilies in the original kit, so I chose it thinking I could fussy cut them or colour them.

Here's the rest of my kit, "Sunny Skies":
Bit of a hodgepodge, but basically I've got:

2 sheets of Echo Park Everyday Eclectic stickers and one partially cut up piece of patterned paper 

Some die cuts from MME 

Some die cut doilies, Polaroid frames, journaling cards and banners from the days when my computer was functional and I could use my Cameo

A stamp set, twine, wood veneer shapes, cork stickers, and washi tape from CTMH

Flair buttons from Studio Calico

Gelatos!  I don't have the exact colours of what was in the original kit, but close enough.

A little tin of orange buttons in lieu of sequins

Kraft tag stickers

Blue and clear gem stickers 

Two rolls of glitter tape from Michael's 

Whew, think that's it!  How about you, are you joining in this month?  You should, because I can't tell you how motivated I am to kill this kit, haha!  If you need a kick in the pants, you should give it a try, it's a fantastic stash buster!


9 comments:

  1. Oh that's a fab kit, I love the embellishments and that gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous balloon paper - my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought your CTMH triangular paper to have been the same as in the original if you had not pointed out otherwise. That is a great stash buster kit and surely one to keep you motivated. All of your balloons are terrific! In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if I should peruse my stash a little bit more. I am surprised to see how much the hot air balloons have surfaced in our CKC kits! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this super kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous kit glad to see you have gelatos too so maybe I can get some inspiration from you :) Lots of CTMH (me too) Excited to see what you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to see what everyone creates with all these wonderful kits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lots of good stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hey, fine kit. have fun with it. {{joyce}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the counterfeit! Looks like you have lots of great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice counterfeiting job - loving the parachute paper and your extras. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clapping my hands - I can just feel your enthusiasm for this kit & for scrapping with it after a "dry" month! Enjoy yourself this month :-)

    ReplyDelete