Sunday, April 19, 2015

New Counterfeit Kit for April

I know, I know, soooooo late this month! If you want to know why, read my previous post, but basically I've just been busy with traveling and family stuff.  I remain optimistic that I WILL be able to make a dent in this kit before the end of the month.

So, without further fanfare, here is the kit that the gals at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog have chosen to copy this month:
This is the March Messy Box from A Beautiful Mess.   I'm seriously loving the brights mixed with the black and white, and I found some great things to forge, like the cards.  Here's what I came up with:


Bit of trial and error involved, but I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out.

I thought if it's a "Messy Box", I better include some messy stuff, like Dylusions and acrylic paint.  I also added some washi tape:

Some tissue paper, die cuts, and gold alphas:
And finally, some patterned paper that seemed to go along with the theme:
Back row is Amy Tangerine, middle row is all Recollections, then bottom row has two Dream Street papers, one from Simple Stories, one from KI Memories, and I'm not sure where the last one is from.

Rather a small kit, so I might be pulling other stuff from my stash as I create, we shall see.  Very excited to get messy, though!



5 comments:

  1. your take on the pocket cards are great! and i love the idea of adding messy product into your messy kit! :-) Hope you get time to use it now that you have made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forgeries were FAB! You will be selling your own kits pretty soon ;D
    So happy that you got a chance to join in. This will really be a FUN kit for you to play with!
    I saw on the Linky you have a page up already for Challenge #1 - going to look right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those card forgeries! They are awesome!

    Hey, late is better than never I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job making those cards - I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them and all those other fun things you selected for your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice take on the kit - well done - messy but well matched. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete