Thursday, September 22, 2016

"Back to School" for Let's Get Sketchy and Counterfeit Kit Challenge

I was kind of in the mood to scrap back to school photos, but I didn't have any printed from this year yet. Good thing I hadn't scrapped last year's photos, right? 

This month, Let's Get Sketchy put out this lovely sketch:
 
It seemed to go with my pictures perfectly, although I decided to mirror the original.
 
Now those of you who know me are wondering, "Where's Nolan?" Well, this was the year that he did NOT want me to take a picture of him - probably said it was lame or something! - and he took off before I could force him. Kids, what are ya gonna do? Anyway, I made sure to write about that in my journaling, which you unfortunately can't see very well because my printer decided to give me grief. Instead of black, it came out kind of light brown, and I don't know why because all of my ink levels are "adequate". Again, what are ya gonna do? The amount of times I have typewritten journaling on a layout I could probably count on one hand, so I'm trying not to let it bother me! 
 
If you read my post detailing my September Counterfeit Kit, you may remember these hearts I made with my Cameo:

 
And here's a final close-up of the little cluster up in the top left corner.
I had fun doing a bit of stamping on this page, too. The little word pieces and borders were done with a CTMH stamp called "Picture Perfect" - made me realize I don't use my massive stamp stash quite enough!

I hope you enjoyed my page today, and hopefully I'll see you around here on my blog or over on Instagram where I've been posting a lot of my scrappy creations lately. Toodle-loo!


6 comments:

  1. What a colourful layout. I like your script paper background and the touches of red and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of colours and I love those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page! Back to school is one of my fav events to scrap with:)). Thanks for sharing it with us @LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet layout. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute page! I love the tri-color hearts.

    ReplyDelete