Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Past!


Did you hear the sad news? This is the last challenge for Sketchy Thursdays! I am completely devastated!!! I had a private dream that one day I would be a Sketchy Thursdays Fave, but alas that dream is no more! (Unless they pick me this week, and although I love how this page turned out and it means a lot to me to scrap this photo, I have my doubts that it's "fave" material.) Anyway, here is the sketch:
I stuck very closely to it, and used a new kit I won from Simple Stories - Love. It. I had a hard time figuring out what papers and stickers to use, because they're all sooooooo yummy! I think I'm going to put aside the rest for next year's December Daily. I'm also entering this page over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, where they've asked to see a photo of a Christmas in your past. This photo was the only one I could find of a Christmas with my Nana in it. She lived in Australia with my Papa, and although I've been over twice and they came over a handful of times, there was only this one Christmas with them. Now that she's passed away, the opportunity for more Christmases with her is gone. (I'm not sure where Papa is at the time of this photo - did he take it, or is he just out of the shot?)

Well, I hear Brenna screaming at me (why is she always screaming, she sounds like a stuck pig up there!) so I better end this now. Goodbye, Sketchy Thursdays, I'll miss you, sniff!

Supplies: all Simple Stories except CTMH cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, and Creative Memories pen

11 comments:

  1. I popped over to thank you for your kind words :) Yes it is sad about them shutting down isn't it - though I was a Fave once, but for a LO that I didn't really like! I assumed they were being kind as it was my first time joining in. I love your page with its lovely old photo and memories (and that stocking banner of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeee this!! LOVING that photo and the little stockings! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great kit! I love the stocking banner and the frame around your photos! Your dad looks so young! Glad you got to have at least one Christmas with your Nana and that you have a picture of it ;) Fab layout! PS: I love my card!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am sad too. I haven't entered in ages (although many times the sketch was on my desk waiting for inspiration!) I have a layout on my desk right now that I am planning to finish and enter tomorrow - kind of a last hurrah! Good luck.
    PS - what do you think of the new Project 12 format?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful memory Rox!! I love how the layout makes the pic the center of attention (: Great paper and stickers!!! I think you should win the last challenge at Sketchy Thursdays, then they would go out in a blaze of glory (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout you and such a great way to do a memory.. Well done.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this layout Roxy! I'm not really ready to put away all my Christmas bits and pieces yet, the last two LO's I did have been of cold, snowy photos (but, sadly not of this year!) That row of little stockings is just so cute, and what a wonderful photo/memory - the perfect Christmas layout.

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll miss the players, too!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the last Sketchy Thursdays challenge. I love what you made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roxy - loving this layout, what a treasured memory. Great take on the challenge! Love the stocking banner! Thanks so much for playing along with another Freaking scrappy challenge ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful lo! Love everything about this! Tks. for playing along with us at AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout love the stocking banner thanks for playing along at AFSC

    ReplyDelete