Thursday, May 30, 2013

My First Sketches In Thyme Reveal!

This was such a fun layout to make!  Check out this cool double-page sketch from Sketches in Thyme:
I decided to scrap with these photos from last summer that I had printed a while ago, and stuck with the sketch pretty closely:
I used some great new papers from Simple Stories, 24/7 - love these, they're so bright and cheery!  I cut up one of the strips to use as the title, and I cut out a journaling card to use in the bigger photo spot.  The polaroid frames were cut using my Cameo on plain cream cardstock, then I inked them red to make them pop!
A bit of mist in the corners (Dylusions Postbox Red) and some stickers, ribbon, and washi tape finish off the design!
Funny how I can make it sound like I just whipped this layout up in 10 minutes, but honestly, it was sitting out on my kitchen bar for about two weeks!  Well, I do hope you'll join in with this sketch challenge, but there are some other great sketches at Sketches in Thyme this month, too - linking up for any of them will get you in our draw.  Good luck!


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Roxy! I love your honesty! It is all too easy to post a pic and waffle a bit about the layout once it is finished, and not admit to the struggle behind it! You are not alone! I think probably most of us struggle at least some of the time, just don't always say so! I know I do! Also loving your new papers, they are indeed very happy, cheerful papers :)

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch!!! It's perfect for when you have a bunch of pics you want on one layout! I really like Simple Stories, they make things so easy (: Love the little strips you used along the edges, perfect way to use some of that washi tape I have been collecting (: Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin your take on the sketch!This is one two pager I might even play along with! It's been so long since I've done a double I'm a little nervous to do one!! I think I've been inspired though! Hope all is well with you and your family in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your layout Roxy!! It is nice to get pictures done that you have printed a while ago hey!! I did a few layouts this weekend too but not as nice as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic take on the sketch Roxy! I am a big Simple Stories fan (if you've been on my blog lately I've been waxing all poetic about their I Heart Summer line - SOOOO yummy!! But I digress ...) Great job making those Polaroid frames and then colouring them to match your layout. So clever. I have really got to use my Cameo more. I kind of go on a Cameo stint and then it sits idle for weeks. Sigh. most expensive paper weight EVER!! :)

    ReplyDelete