Friday, November 22, 2013

Two Projects to Share!

Still working with my November Counterfeit Kit.  This layout, aw man, looking at these pictures makes me laugh every time!
 I used the Week 3 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy:
Then I felt I needed to add more "stuff".  Not sure if that was the right decision or not.  Here's some close-ups:
Love that owl!  It's from a free kit I downloaded on Digital Scrap Day, as is the tree in the top left.  The doily was cut using the Cameo.
The green gingham buttons are actually fabric covered - I used one of those little kits you can get in the notions section of a quilting store (Vanderhoof has two, if you can believe it!)

So that's my layout, and here's a card I made with some of the scraps:
You probably can't tell from the photo, but I used some texture paste and a stencil to get the background pattern, then sprayed the whole thing with Dylusions.  

Here's the inside:


I love that sentiment!  It's from a new Close to My Heart stamp set called "Just a Number".

I used this great sketch from Retrosketches:

And there you have it, two projects in one day!  Make note, people, this doesn't happen very often!!!




19 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You go, gurl! Love the texture on your card, and had more than our share of moments like your cute page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, cute pics. I love the owl. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl too! Cute! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your embellishments, especially the owl! And I really like how you did your paper strips. The photos are so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you captured that not so perfect moment! Her face is so funny! And good for you to make a card as well while you were feeling crafty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on the Feature and Follow thread. Following via GFC and Bloglovin' Happy #FF you've been tagged. Here's mine:
    http://www.thisgirlreadsalot.blogspot.com/2013/11/feature-follow-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet layout and the card is good too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this layout....and the owl that is just too cute! thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute accents.. and great take on the LGS sketch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Roxy! Glad to see you playing along again. :)
    LOVE that you captured a not so happy moment and scrapped it! I think we've all been there. Dragging a screaming child through hundreds to staring eyes! usually mine is being dragged down the road to or from school :)
    Great job with the sketch. Love the owl and all it's bling!! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page! Cute photos. Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute layout, love the owl! thanks for joining us at lgs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a fun take on the challenge, love the colour combo! thanks for linking up with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute little owl! Thanks for joining us at LGS! Your page is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Job with the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cute page and LOVE the owl!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the sketch. Love the chevron background paper. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete