Wednesday, June 29, 2016

"Spreading My Wings" for Stuck?! Sketches

Well, that'll teach me to leave it to the last minute again! I missed the deadline for the sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches, but if I'm being fair to myself, I did have a rather rough 24 hours. Not as bad as my boy, considering he's the one who had an emergency appendectomy last night, but still...scrapbooking was a little lower on my priority list. But, he's safe and relatively comfortable at the hospital, so my mind is a little more at ease.  Enough to finish this page, anyhow:
It's a rather simple design, based off this sketch from Stuck?! Sketches:
And yeah, even though it came together fairly quickly, I think I'm liking it!  I say "think" because sometimes, it takes me a while to warm up to a page, but I tried a new technique, and that's always fun.

That masked circle element?  That was my genius invention.  I cut a circle from a piece of printer paper and used it as a mask.  Then I placed a stencil on top of it over my base cardstock and spread some gesso through the stencil.  Kept the mask in place and sprayed the top with like, two squirts of Funky Fuchsia Dylusions spray.  Then sprayed the heck out of that with water and let it run down.  I think I should have gessoed the whole page, maybe, because the cardstock got a little saturated, but ah well, lesson learned!  I still think it looks cool, all ombre and stuff.  Plus it looks a bit like a dream catcher, don't ya think?
Another close-up:

Just another day with my hubby and youngest, trying to catch some air, or something.  I don't really know, but it was cute!  

All the supplies were from my June Counterfeit Kit, so I'm going to link this page up over on their blog.  Wow, that's four pages this month, definitely a new roll, woohoo! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment