Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Layout #15 for Get Picky and some house pics

I've been wanting to scrap these photos for a while, but I guess I was just waiting to be inspired. Enter the sketch for Get Picky this month, another beautiful 2-page spread by Becky Fleck. I expanded the original to 12x12 and didn't crop my photos down as much, but otherwise I followed the sketch very closely. (Incidentally, I totally forgot to mention that my Pout layout, 2 posts ago, was also a Becky Fleck sketch - so sorry!!!) I used scraps from the 2 Miracle kits I bought from Close to My Heart ages ago (love the greens, blues and neutrals in this kit!) and added some stamping, cut flowers, stickers, ribbon, and a journaling card. The journaling is addressed to my kids, saying that if they're ever stuck planning something for Father's Day, Daddy loves to just go for a walk, have some snacks, and enjoy the outdoors. He really is an outdoorsy guy, so it's a good thing his new job will have lots of field work - he can't stand sitting at a computer all day! If you look at the far right photo, that's our dumb dog trying to chase down a loon in the lake. It was pretty funny, she kept trying, but the loon would just flap across the water, back and forth in front of her, just teasing her. Come to think of it, I think the kids and I were calling out to the loons that day, and they were calling back to us! That's something you don't get to see in the big city.

Supplies (all CTMH): Miracle kit patterned paper and stickers, Colonial White cardstock, Exclusive Inks stamp pads in Crystal Blue, Olive and Black, Noted Backgrounds and Delightful Alphabet My Acrylix stamp sets

Other: Creative Memories pen, Autumn Leaves stamp set, Prima journaling card, uknown ribbon and twine, staples
Here are some photos of my house. I used to complain about this house all the time, there were just so many frustrating things about it, and I really missed my first house in Dawson City. However, now that I'm about to leave and go back to renting for a while, I realize that this isn't such a bad place after all. Here's my favourite room in the house, the living room: I know, the oak's maybe dated, and the painting is too small, and the brass is not what I would've chosen, blah blah blah, but I just loooooooved having some of my books, photos, and knick knacks out, and when the fire's on, it's a really cozy spot.


Here's one photo of Ailis's room: We used to have 2 living rooms, which was one of my complaints with the house. It was just awkward and always messy and AAARRGH! After Brenna was born, Nolan and Ailis were sharing a room and it was just NOT working out. So, we called a contractor, built a wall to split the room in half, and voila, a fourth bedroom is born! Ailis chose the colour for this room, and when I first opened the can of paint, I thought it was horrific, but now I think it's beautiful, especially with this quilt Grandma got her for Christmas and the wonderful light her room gets in the day. Her room is really large, so I just cleaned this section up to photograph. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some more done and take more pics. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Rox!!! I'll have to go check that sketch out (: I love how you use your background stamps!! I always forget how much they can add to a page until I see yours (: Miracle is one of my favs, the paper is perfect for so many different types of layouts.
    I agree your living room does look cozy!! and I love Ailis`choice of colour (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout Roxy! Love that you wrote to your kids like that. They'll love that ... when they're older!
    And we continue with the parallel lives thing - LC's room is painted a slightly brighter shade of green with pink accents! It's bright but I love it! Marley will be moving into that room in a year or so and wants to paint it purple. I think I will mourn the loss of the green for awhile!
    You've done well in your home, it will be hard to move. But soon you'll make your new house your home - rental or not!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Roxy, I too love the neutrals with blue and green colour scheme. Lovely photos of your family too ... and guess what? My mad spaniel just LOVES to chase the ducks on the lake - she can be in there swimming like mad for 45 minutes, and all we can do is call her (with no response!) and sit and wait until she is ready to admit that she is never going to catch one!!! Must admit that I had to Google "loon" though - never come across that kind of bird before. One day moose, the next obscure birds, now I'm wondering what creature will feature in your next layout!!!

    Your house looks lovely Roxy, I adore Ailis' quilt (but don't mention quilts I'm still procrastinating on mine!) and I am quite sure that your next house will be lovely too, afterall, home is where the heart is!

    Hugs and thanks for your comments(!)

    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty take on the Get Picky sketch! Love those flowers and butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout! And I really do like Ailis room as well. It is such a homey feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout Roxy......you CTMH girls really get me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout!!! Need to scraplift this one! I am doing my sister's wedding album in Miracle.

    ReplyDelete