Sunday, May 29, 2011

Card #3



First off, let me say I've been trying all week to leave comments at some of your blogs, and blogger is still not letting me, grrrrrr!!! I will try again this week, but rest assured I am keeping tabs on all of you, haha!


Second, it is great to be back in the Cariboo (the region, not to be confused with the caribou animal!) I was able to get in to my LSS, Creative Accents, a couple of times this week, once for a Beginner Copics class with Cheri, and again yesterday (Jason wanted to buy a canoe, more on that later). So even though this particular LSS is an hour drive away, it is still more accessible than say, a 5 hour drive to Whitehorse or a 2 hour drive to Smithers. And their class list is quite extensive, so I should be able to get my craft on there at least once in a while. So stoked about that, woohoo! Anyway, check out the Creative Accents Challenge Blog here. They are just getting started, and you don't have to be anywhere near us to take part in the challenges.


I bought this Andrea Acorn stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie there, and the sentiment that goes along with this set is just perfect: "Aw, nuts, I forgot your birthday!" Happens to me all the time, so I think this set will get a lot of use. I coloured her up with my Copics, but seeing I don't have that many, her dress is the same colour as her hair. Probably didn't need to point that out to everybody, but in case you are wondering why I chose to do it that way, well, there ya have it, heehee! Cheri gave some good advice to invest in some grays, so I bought a gray and that way I was able to make some shadows in the green robe without even buying a green. Neat, eh? I made the green robe using a Close to My Heart Olive ink pad and blending pen, which probably didn't give ideal results, but I don't think it's too bad.







I'm hoping I can get in on some challenges with this card. I used sketch 219 from CPS, and I used the backside of the Webster's paper from my last post as the patterned paper, which means I can enter Scrapbooker's Anonymous bonus challenge. But, the main reason for making this card is because I missed my Burns Lake friend Maria's 40th birthday, which happened sometime in May. Happy Birthday, Maria, miss you and hope you had a great birthday!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Rox!! You did a wonderful job shading!! Tod tell you the truth I didn't realize her hair and dress were the same colour until you pointed it out (: I will definitely go check out the challenge blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and lovely colouring (I also hadn't noticed that her hair and dress were the same colour until I read it!)

    Glad that you are settling in to your new area :)

    Hugs

    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job on your card! I too had to look again when you mentioned her hair and dress colour. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're on fire and how super cute is Acorn Kimmie, wow again your colouring is fantastic, and 1 hr to the LSS is better than 5 but so glad you can still get there.....a canoe?????waiting to hear more of this one. So glad you are loving where you are living, it sounds divine. MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She turned out really nice! I have this stamp in my stash but haven't inked her up yet- I'm sure it won't be long till I need a belated birthday card, though :) So glad you're back in the area, it's nice to see you in the store more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how she turned out and Im so glad I could help! :) Great job Roxy!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little image! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with SA! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete