Monday, June 29, 2015

"We Were Here" for Sketch 'N' Scrap

Hey everyone, here's a fun page I finished last night using my June Counterfeit Kit and a sketch from Sketch 'n' Scrap.  You wanna know what makes me the most excited about this page?  I finally got to use my Cameo again!!!  When my computer died ages ago, I didn't realize how much I'd miss my nifty cutting machine, but yeah, miss it I did!

Here's the sketch I used:
I just love those sunburst lines in the background and knew right away which cut file I wanted to use.  I love the clouds, too.  Both details seemed to go well with the theme of my page, which was a family outing to the Vanderhoof Air Show last summer as part of Nolan's birthday celebrations.  I deliberately left journaling out, thinking that I'll do another page to accompany this one with the other (big) bunch of photos I have left from that day - maybe a pocket page?  What do you think?

And finally, a photo from Awards Day!  My girl Ailis won the award at her school for Jr. Academic Student of the Year!!!  Jason and I are so proud of her!


Well, I think that'll be it for me for June!  Five layouts in total with my kit, not too shabby if I do say so myself!  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable layout! Love the clouds and sun rays! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! Fabulous patterned papers and colours!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love the clouds and rays! Title is great to! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter for her wonderful achievement! Your layout is pretty great too - love the rays and those cute little clouds and that fun polka dot paper that you matted your photos on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete