Sunday, January 16, 2011

Card for TPE, Dutch Dare, and CPS 200

While I had my pink, aqua, and orange scraps out for the last Pink Elephant layout I did, I decided I should make a card with the same colours. I didn't have any suitable orange patterned paper, so I used some bubble wrap and some Sunset ink from Close to My Heart to make the card background - pretty cool, eh? I found a sketch I liked at CPS, flipped it a bit, then added some machine stitching on my papers to go along with the challenge at Dutch Dare this week. The image is from Some Odd Girl, and she's a freebie over there right now, soooooo cute! I only have 8 Copic markers, so her dress, socks and headband are coloured with a CTMH blender pen dipped in Juniper ink, and I think this works pretty well, especially when I need to match something up to CTMH paper. My question to you Copic experts out there is this: What kind of paper do you print your digi stamps on? I've been using CTMH cardstock, because that's what I have available to me, and I'm having a hard time getting my markers to blend. I'd appreciate any opinions you have!

Supplies: CTMH Colonial White cardstock, Sunset and Juniper ink, blender pen, and patterned paper, Some Odd Girl digital image, Copic markers, Basic Grey patterned paper, unknown trim

1 comment:

  1. Hey Roxy!! Very cute card! I love the bubble wrap background!!!! Neenah is a good CS to use for copics, usually the smoother the better. I didn't even bother trying CTMH. Most scrap stores carry Neenah but we lucked out getting it at a paper store here. I can send you a sample if you want (:

    ReplyDelete