Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rock On!

This is my 2nd post for the day, so make sure you scroll down to check out my card! Dang it, I missed the deadline for CPS on that one, so I'm just kicking myself...

I loved the colours over at Design Dollies this week (they've got a new format for challenges this year, so make sure you check it out!) so I went through my stash of photos to see which ones would go with Kraft, Blue, White and Red. I had a few options, but I chose these ones from almost 12 years ago because they would work with the sketch this week from Sketchy Thursdays. My friends and I went to a large outdoor concert, and every time I look at these photos, I laugh - what dorks we were/are! Anyhoo, I really like how this one turned out, even though it is very busy. It features tons of machine stitching, some fussy cut bits, some ribbon photo corners, and I was able to use scraps from 3 different paper packs. See the chipboard journaling spot there? It was the wrong colour, so I inked it up with a sponge to get the two-toned effect.

Well, that will be it for crafting/blogging today. I've got my mom here, and my hubby's uncle is going to show up in a couple of hours to stay over on his way through town, so I've got mega clean-up to do. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies (all CTMH): Colonial White cardstock, patterned paper from Zippidee, Blue Ribbon, and Rough and Tumble paper packs, Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, and Cranberry stamp pads

Other: Creative Memories pen, Top Line Creations tags and letter stickers, unknown ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Great layout! I love how you used so many photos, and the colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I think we all can say that 12 years ago, we were dorky too!! I know I was!!
    Love the machine stitching. I don't remember seeing it on any of your layouts before. Is this a new technique for you? I love what I've seen other people do with it and am constantly wondering if it will really be worth the effort to dig out my ancient sewing machine, get it serviced and then TRY to find a place to put it in my shoebox of a scrap room. Is it?
    we should email - alisonday@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee!!! What a fun layout!!!! Isn't it fun scrapping those old times you sometimes forget about!? I don't find the page too busy, I think it turned out fabulously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Roxy! Love the stitching and those inked edges!!! So glad you played along with the Dollies!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' this one Roxy! Those photos just made me giggle and I wasn't even there. And doesn't if just feel so good to use up some of those leftovers that we accumulate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page - it looks great! It sure brings back some great memories from our dorky days... Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout Roxy, such fun!!!

    Hugs - Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Roxy, thanks for joining in the first DD challenge of the year :) I love those pics and you rocked the colours!

    PS, thanks so much for the blog award - I will get to it, I've just been a bit tied up here with local goings on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the detail!!! It's such much fun to look back at old pictures and have a laugh!!! Great Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout Roxy! Thanks for playing with the Dollies (I know I'm late lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout.......looking forward to completing this 2011 challenge with you and all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun page1 Great photo's and layering!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the colors! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete