Thursday, January 6, 2011

December Daily Day 24 and Some Goals for the New Year!


Happy New Year, and a Happy New You! Isn't that what they say when they're talking about New Year's Resolutions? Well, along with the "New You" philosophy, I tried changing up my blog background and added a new playlist. I'm not entirely happy with the background, or lack thereof, so be prepared to see some changes there as I experiment. Be prepared also if you decide to listen to my music - some of the songs are pretty rowdy, but then again, so am I!!!
This little three page Christmas Eve spread is going to be the last installment of my December Daily album. I had planned to take this project to January 1st, but my printer ran out of ink and my book will be too big for its rings anyway. So once I run off a couple Christmas photos, I will finish with Christmas day and that will be it until December 2011, if I decide to do this again. If I do take the plunge again, I will definitely be making up my foundation pages beforehand, as that will save me a lot of agony! I will also make sure I have plenty of printer ink, and I might go with a larger format. We shall see... Anyway, I'm glad to be moving on to other things, although I've been feeling a little...not uninspired, but maybe...unfocused. Is that a word? If it is, that's what I am, until today, that is! I've found a couple of sketches and challenges that I want to take on, and I should have something to post very soon.
I have joined up with my good friends Jenn and Roz again in a challenge group for 2011. Each member states how many layouts, cards, whatever that they want to create this year, and we support each other with comments, suggestions and tips. These two ladies are awesome, they were my constant cheerleaders throughout 2010, and we're going to have even more fun this year. If you would like to join us, just visit Jenn's blog and we'll link you up! So, my goal for 2010 was to do 120 layouts, which turned out to be a bit much, so this year, I'm aiming for 1 a week. 52 is the magic number, and that will allow me to make some cards, (oh, how about 2 a month, so 24) and finish some mini albums as well. That should be doable and I can't wait to get started!
Now as far as personal goals, I have a bunch, so maybe I'll take a moment to put them in writing, if just for myself. I'm going to compete at Femsport on April 2nd, and training for that will get me in shape and help me lose the last of the baby weight. (Check my sidebar for my fitness blog link if you're interested.) I'm going to give the once-a-month cooking plan another go. Our meals have been pretty blah lately, and this will make it easier if I'm going back to work in a month. I'm going to use my stuff, be it scrapbooking supplies or shampoo stockpiled in the hall closet, and if it's not something I'm going to use, I will get rid of it. I'm going to stick to my cleaning/laundry schedule I worked out in the spring and make it a habit. And finally, my motto this year is going to be, "Don't worry 'bout it!" You have to say it in a New Yawk accent, too. I could've said, "Don't worry, be happy", but I hate that song! I wouldn't say I'm a worry wart, exactly, but I do worry about things that I can't change, like what people think of me or my kids, and why bother. Life's too short to get worked up about things you can't change!

4 comments:

  1. First off, great pages!!! Aren't those old classics the best!!? The Christmas Story is my hubby's fav.
    Second, thanks for joining me again!!!! It was great having you and Roz behind me all the way!!! I'm also going to go check out the fitness blog cause I really need to get my butt in gear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these last couple of pages Roxy, especially the Father Christmas and pretty bauble! I have decided to continue until twelfth night, although my last few pages might be a little weak (I was enjoying it so much just didn't want to stop!)

    I too would like to thank you for all your comments on my blog during December, and I have also enjoyed seeing how you spend Christmas in Canada. I shall look forward to getting to know you as I follow your blog through the year ...

    Hugs, Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy, check out my blog ... I have nominated you for an award!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Roxy! I admire your goal setting.....I have trouble sticking to one goal, never mind several! lol

    I am looking forward to participating in this year's challenge with you guys! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete