Sunday, June 5, 2011

Layout #23 for Twisted Sketches

The twist for this week's Twisted Sketch is "result", so I used that word to inspire this layout about how it feels for me to get a decent haircut! It took years of ho-hum cuts and stylists for me to find "the one", the perfect stylist for my head o' hair. Whenever I leave her chair, I feel gorgeous, and although that feeling usually only lasts until I wash my hair and realize I can't get it to look the same way she did, it's still worth waiting to see her every 6-12 months. Now that I'm closer to her shop, I should be able to go every few months. I can't wait to get some colour(s) put in! (As an aside, Ailis had some interesting comments about these photos. She thinks the "before" photo is better because I look like a dog, and she says I look like a raindrop in the second. I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder!)





For this layout I got down and dirty with the Glimmer Mist, using 3 different colours to make the background page. Next, I embossed a bunch of 2x2 inch squares to make the 8x10 black background block, then sanded them to show the white core. Lots of fun playing with that little Cuttlebug! Some letter stickers, journaling strips, and that cool rhinestone arrow finish it off.





Supplies: Close to My Heart cardstock, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Memento ink, Making Memories tiny alpha stickers, American Crafts Thickers, Creative Memories pen, Glitz rhinestone arrow, Provo Craft Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders

5 comments:

  1. Ailis is TOO FUNNY!!!! Don't you just love kids (:!!?
    First off, your new hair do is gorgeous!!! Secondly, I absolutely love what you did with the cuttlebug!!! That little patchwork of embossed paper is gorgeous!!! Your whole layout is great, but that is definitely my favourite part! I really like the combo of colours you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!I love all the texture.I hear you on the hairstyle.It is ONE beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy x
    love your take on our sketch.
    Embossed background is gorgeous.
    Many thanks for playing along.
    Sheena x
    Twisted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxy, this looks great! I thought the black squares was a whole sheet of paper until I read your description. Love that!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, and lovely new hair style Roxy - how funny is Ailis liking the "before" photo better?! Wish I could find a stylist who "gets" curly hair, that would be my dream!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete