Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Layout #30


I made this layout a couple of weeks ago for a Design Dollies Trifecta challenge, but then I got my internet cut off! (Kind of a long story, but finally I'm back, yay!) Turns out Design Dollies are on hiatus for the summer, boohoo! Love playing along with their challenges, they're always so, well, CHALLENGING, ha! Loads of stamping and Perfect Pearls on this layout, and I really like how it turned out, so bright and sparkly! I took these photos at the Canada Day parade in Burns Lake a couple of years ago, and they perfectly capture Ailis' personality. She brought all these things to the parade, it lasted about 5 minutes, and then she nearly left it all behind because she was so involved with collecting and eating candy!

Are you wondering how I got the edges all shimmery like that? Well, when I use Perfect Pearls, I brush the excess off into a non-stick baking pan (yeah, I don't have the nifty Tim Holtz craft sheet, but I make due!) When I'm all finished with the Perfect Pearls, I spray this excess with water (mixed with a bit more Perfect Pearls) to make a puddle. Then, I simply slide the edges of my page around in the puddle, and this is the end result! I think this is my new fave technique!

Well, Ailis and I are off to a Judo lesson tonight (WHAT?!?! Another semi-long story, I'll fill ya in later), and then I'm taking Nolan and Ailis on a little roadtrip to Kamloops tomorrow (to see the Wildlife Park, woohoo!) so I'll try to get to everyone's blogs in the next few days. Big hugs, Roxy!

Supplies (all CTMH): White Daisy cardstock, crochet flower and brad, Picture Perfect and Noted Backgrounds stamp sets, Sunset ink, watercolor pencil, blender pen

Other: Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route patterned paper, American Crafts Thickers, Creative Memories pen, Copic markers, Imaginisce, Hero Arts and Hampton Arts stamps, Ranger Perfect Medium and Perfect Pearls

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Your back!! :D I was just thinking of you earlier today.. I was going to pop in and leave a comment saying I hoped you was back soon, then I get on here and saw that you had posted. Probably around the same time I was thinking!
    Anyways, love your layout! The colors are great, and I really like those edges!
    Thats so cool that you're doing Judo. I always wanted to take some kind of martial arts, but everyone around here is sooo expensive! :(
    Have fun on your roadtrip tomorrow! and again, welcome back!!
    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combo Rox!! So bright and summery (: Ailis reminds me of Azelyn, she always has to carry around a bunch of little random things. Your perfect pearls are gorgeous! When I get a bit more adventurous I'll have to give it a whirl!! I hope you had fun at Judo and in Kamloops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, Roxy is back! You've been missed!

    Lovely sparkly layout too, love your perfect pearls idea, might have to give that a try!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog recently asking how my summer is going. Unfortunately, it would seem that we had summer in April this year (when we weren't yet ready for it!) and the past few weeks have been rather wet and cloudy :( However, my kids break up for their summer break tomorrow and next Wednesday, so maybe the weather will turn nice for them then?! Wishful thinking ...!

    Hugs, Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in this layout, Roxy. Too bad it missed the deadline for Dollies - I'm sure it would have won!

    my kids love the parades too - not so much for the floats but the candy! I don't remember getting candy at parades when I was a kid!!!

    ReplyDelete