Friday, July 22, 2011

Layout #32 - Scrapbooker's Anonymous




Last parade page, I promise! This one's for Ailis's album, which I'm sure you couldn't tell by all the pink, haha! This month at Scrapbooker's Anonymous, they asked us to use the supplies in the one colour that is building up in our stash to make a monochromatic layout. Well, I have a ton of pink, a lot from when I was making Ailis' baby album in pink & green (I'm still not finished that album, but that's another story for another day!) 6 years ago. Wow, that's some OLD stuff! This sketch from the Scrappiest:
seemed perfect for scraps, so I grabbed all the pink I could find and got to it. As I was making this layout, I had in mind what I wanted to say for journaling when Ailis came up to me and said, "Sigh, I wish I could be on that float!" I just said, "I know, that's exactly what I was going to write!!!" I just love the wistful look on her little face in that photo, it really captures her feeling.

Supplies: Close to My Heart White Daisy cardstock and pink gems, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Creative Memories paper and pen, Bazzill cardstock, Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey and unknown patterned paper, unknown vellum, Basic Grey rub-ons, Little Yellow Bicycle stickers, embroidery floss

13 comments:

  1. WOW have you been busy making layouts!! These are all just gorgeous! Great take on all these sketches. WOW! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy, you did a great job with all that pink. love the misting and mix of papers. is that felt I see stitched?? very cool. thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! The texture, the stitching, the misting, the picture, the journaling... It's fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rox, I love this, that felt circle with the stitching looks amazing, how clever, I love the monochramatic colour scheme here and another great photo. Close to my heart have some gorgeous products, your misting is sensational too. Thanks for the advice re: taking some time to adjust....I go to DR today, I have been with this darn chest infection for over a month now and need some antibiotics, funny how because I had a new job I was putting it before my health, but time to do something about it. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Another beautiful lo! Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take of the sketch! Pink is a difficult color for me, and you did a great job doing it monochromatic! Love the stitching and the mist! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers-Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the challenge - thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous, Roxy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page, so full of details!
    Eli SA

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is pretty in pink. Thanks for playing along at Scrapbookers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink... Its Gorgeous layout... thanks for playing along with US over at SA again... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, pink ... what would my life be without pink?
    LOL!
    You did a great job with the monochromatic colour scheme here. The layers add so much texture and the misting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loveeeeeeeeeeee it! I love love love the pink and the misting! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete