Thursday, July 28, 2011

Layout #34 - From Screen 2 Scrap and Creative Scrappers


The evolution of this layout was very different for me - the page ended up completely different from how I thought it would! (Does that ever happen to you?) I started with the criteria for this month's challenge at From Screen 2 Scrap in mind: create a layout inspired by the movie poster for "What About Eve" and include 4 brightly colored arrows, hearts, and a photo with half or quarter of a face. Well, I had this photo of Ailis from my June photo challenge, so I went from there, gathering all my brightly colored papers and arrows, and this sketch from Creative Scrappers:
If you look at the poster from "What About Eve", it's all primary colors, black and white, and curved arrows, and I fully intended to stick to that, but the more I fiddled, the more I realized this wasn't going to work with my subject. Don't ask why, I'm still not sure of the reason! All I know is that with all the doodles on this page, it is WAY OUT THERE, even for me! I don't hate it, but I'm not sure if I love it either, although it is growing on me the more I look at it. Weird!

Here's a bit of a close up of the pin I used. I've had these pins (they came with a kit I won) for a while, and I've had trouble figuring out what to do with them. Finally, I came up with an idea: gather up some ribbon and put some beads in between! That is one part I definitely like!
Enjoy, and please let me know what you think of this page. Your feedback is always much appreciated!

Supplies: CTMH and Bazzill cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, CTMH gems, chipboard and stamps, Autumn Leaves stamp set, Creative Memories pen and stickers, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Cosmo Cricket blackboard, Maya Road pin, beads, ribbon, and staples from my stash

11 comments:

  1. I think this layout looks AWESOME!! I love all the doodling going on... but I know exactly what you mean. I have trouble with my layouts every time I try to doodle. I also really love how you used the pin.
    I really need to start joining in some challenges again.. I was doing so good when I first started. They are definitely great motivators. lol But anyway, layout looks great so don't worry about it! I love the colors and the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the colour palette is just right due to the eye colour. It enhances it that much more. A lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love entering challenges and feeling challenged, I too find that the layouts can take me forever and I don't totally love them in the end. but it is a great way of exposing yourself to all sorts of new techniques, products and colour choices!
    I like this layout though. I think you did a great job! The arrows totally draw your eye (no pun intended) to the picture and I love the ruffled ribbon with the pin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful & I can so identify with a LO taking on a life & direction of it's own...it happens to me all the time!! But isn't that half of the fun?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout Roxy, I love how you aren't afraid to try out new techniques (unlike me!) Loving the beads and pin, great idea (might have to pinch that if you don't mind!) and also the colour scheme and doodling (I am getting a bit braver with doodling).

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS! What a fab photo :) Great LO, thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waht a super photo- love love your arrows with the different patterns- so cute overall- thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page & great hand written journaling Roxy...I love your colours, arrows & a splendid title...just a wonderful LO!
    Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab page!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful -- I myself like that eye - it's a beautiful blue! Nice layout - I'm always dazzled by scrap layouts, probably because I can't do them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pallette isn't that far from the poster. It's only the red that makes it seem as if it's bright primary colours. When you do something different it may take you a while, and other people's comments, before you appreciate it fully. It's a great LO - hope it's grown on you.

    ReplyDelete