Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Layout #40 - 30 minute layout for Inspired Blueprints

My bloggy friend Alison did a layout a while back in 30 minutes! I was so inspired, I thought I better give it a try, especially as Brenna was napping and I felt I should be doing laundry or some other chore instead. So, using this sketch from Inspired Blueprints:
and some gorgeous photos of my gorgeous beach babe, Ailis, I put together this layout.


To be honest, it did take more than 30 minutes, but I managed to get the papers and photos all cut and stuck down in a half hour. The stamping, journaling, and glitzifying I had to finish at night and when the kids were looking the other way. Darn those kids, they constantly make me feel guilty for having any fun!

I'm starting to think I need to get myself a border punch. That border strip is traced from a template I made myself out of cardboard, and cut out with scissors, and seeing this is the second time I've gone through this process in a week, it's getting a bit tedious. So my question to you, my sisters in scrappyhood, is this: do you use border punches, and if so, what is your favorite?

Supplies: Close to My Heart patterned paper, cardstock, stamps, ink, and prisma glitter, Sassafrass patterned paper, Creative Memories pen, Ranger Glossy Accents, date stamp

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout Roxy! I love how the colours all blend so perfectly with Ailis' life jacket and with the photos in general! I personally wouldn't worry about doing a quick scrapbook page, if it happens that way then great, but I would far rather it turned out the way I wanted it to, and if that means pushing bits of paper around for ages (frustrating as that seems at times) then so be it. I also don't seem to be getting any crafting time at the moment and my kids are a lot older than yours!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I passed on your comments to Phil! Yes, the legal driving age here is 17 and Alex is desperate! Today we are very proud of her as she passed the theory part of the driving test which means that she can now apply for the practical part of the test (more expense!)

    I have one border punch, a simple scallop one and I do use it quite a lot ... it's got to be a lot easier than hand cutting - go for it!!!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Roxy! I love the splash embellie with the glitter!
    You've seen pictures of all my border punches so the answer is a resounding "YES! I use border punches!" I love them. They add a pretty detail to my pages with very little effort. I highly recommend the investment but wait til they go one sale. I will be investing in new Stampin' Up! ones so if you email me your address I can send you some of mine. alisonday@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete