Friday, August 26, 2011

Layout #43 - Once Upon A ... Sketch




As soon as I heard this song, I knew I wanted to scrap it for Brenna! I even wrote it down in my journal to save for later, and now, finally I have the photo and the challenge to match! Perfect! Not sure how many of you would have heard this song, it's by a Canadian artist and I'm not even sure what else he sings, but it's very upbeat and cute. Here is the sketch from Once Upon A ... Sketch:

And of course their criteria was to use at least two lines from a song for your journaling. I had to flip the sketch to make it work, but I think I'm finally happy with it. It took me a long time to figure out where to put my swirls, and I almost put something up in the top left corner, but ... decided not to. Hopefully it was the right decision. Do you ever agonize over things like this, or is it just me? The red accents almost didn't happen, either. I decided at 3 pm yesterday that I was going to try and get this in for the JUGS challenge, and that required some red in addition to the yellow, brown, and olive. Of course, I couldn't make the deadline, but the red title was glued down and I felt I had to add some more red with the swirls. Another good decision? You tell me!

Well, I am counting down the days until school starts (12)! My kids don't have school supplies or clothes, so I guess I better get a plan in place, because there is NO WAY I'm taking all three of them shopping at once! I can't think of a worse form of torture!!! Are you looking forward to September?

Supplies: Prism (?) and Close to My Heart cardstock, Webster's Pages, Pebbles, and Imaginisce patterned paper, Autumn Leaves and Close to My Heart stamps, Close to My Heart Ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Creative Memories pen, unknown ribbon
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love your journaling spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! The red and the swirls work really well as does the placement of everything down in the lower right. You nailed it!!

    And YES, I am looking forward to school starting. It means 2 kids out of the house all day! Yay!!! We've gone shopping already for school supplies - not a completely bad experience but I'm not anxious to repeat it! I've had to ban shopping trips with all 3 of them after a particulary bad trip to the fruit market. Somethings are just better off not left to fate if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that song by Joel Plaskett! And the red swirls add that little pop of accent colour - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Brenna, scrapping a photo like that of her! She might not be too keen on this layout in years to come, however, it made me chuckle! It's so funny to hear about the anxiety of placing the swirls, they look so perfect I would never have known! It's a fab layout Roxy - loving the splats too!

    Not sure how many days we've got left until back to school, probably similar to you, and we have to go and get a few bits for Hayden but we are going to combine that with a trip to the orthodontist next Tuesday (that'll be fun then!) Is it wrong to admit that yes, I am looking forward to it?!!!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    p.s. Roxy, thanks for your comments on my blog recently, can you leave me a comment with your email address (I won't publish it to my blog) so that I can let you know if/when the recipe card swap goes ahead? It doesn't have to be an original recipe by the way, just a favourite or tried and tested one! C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! This is gorgeous, Roxy!! I love the use of the song! Perfect! :)
    I agonize over EVERYTHING.. Which is probably why I only complete a handful of pages each year. lol
    Lucky, that your kids still have a couple of weeks of summer.. school starts waaaay to early down here. lol
    I am enjoying Anatomy though. My teacher is really great. :)
    Talk to you soon!
    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a gorgeous layout - love every element.Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute photo to scrap! your layout is so sweet and beautiful!
    Thank you for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun...I love scrapping the sad pics :)I have a time out layout for each one of the boys! Sent my two oldest to school today. I love summer but it's so nice to have the steady routine that school brings. Nate started kindergarten and Will is in gr 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! So neat looking! Great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes! I do agonize about the silliest things...you are not alone LOL!!! Beautiful layout!Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha!! This is so clever & cute! Thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete