Saturday, August 20, 2011

Layout #41 - Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge





Here's a layout I finished today using a sketch from Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge (don't ya just love that name?). I really went to town with the Distress Inks on this background - can you believe it used to be a piece of plain ol' cream cardstock? I just sprayed it with water, crumpled it up, then rubbed it around in a Distress Ink/water mixture. I didn't like all the cream still showing, so I had to go in with the sponge tool and ink the gaps. Note to self: do the crumpling after the inking! Anyway, here's the sketch I used:
We were also supposed to scrapbook something fun, or funny to go along with this fun sketch. I can't get a decent photo of Nolan and Ailis anymore. By decent, I mean looking at the camera and smiling a normal everyday smile. I really love this photo, though, they were just so happy it really shone through in their goofy faces!

As you can see, I didn't deviate a whole lot from the sketch. I loooooooved the kites, so I paper pieced my own, and I quite like how they turned out! Might have to do that again. And I got to use this cool "paper" I've been hoarding from a kit I won maybe 2 years ago (from Scrap Attack Scrapbooking, who are currently closing their doors and having a big sale, incidentally) - it reminds me of a basketball! Anyway, hope you like my wild and crazy layout, because I had a blast making it!

Supplies: CTMH cardstock, ribbon, stamp set (Delightful Alphabet) and ink (Cranberry), Cosmo Cricket and Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China, Walnut Stain, and Tea Dye), Twinery twine, Colorbok phot corners, unknown "basketball" paper
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Roxy - I love this fun layout!! Great kites - and great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, when I first seen this, I just cracked up! So SO Funny! GReat JOB!!! Love the distress inking and the contrasting colours used. the Handmade kites are stunning and that title is just purrrrrrfffffeeeect! Love everything about this, Great models to! I have a few of those type of ratbags to! Thanks so much for playing at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout made me giggle...too cute! I remember when my boys were younger having the same "problem" getting a normal smile out of them! LOL Love the kites too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic LO Roxy, i really love it. Those kites are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout Roxy, those kites are fab, and the photo is so funny! Love what you did to that poor old piece of cardstock!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! That's some great title work! Love it!!
    I see, you have done several layouts/cards since I have been on here. Lucky you!! lol :D
    I will definitely be checking those out more!
    Things have been pretty busy... But I am enjoying Anatomy. :)
    So far. lol
    I have seen The Emerald Atlas at Wal-Mart and thought it looked like something I would like. I will definitely have to check that out! Thanks!
    Hopefully, I can get around later and comment some more. Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous pic!!! I love this layout and every little thing you did to it!!! I wish I could go outside the box like you do!!!The distressing is awesome, the final product is WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are so very funny - and all the inking and distressing, such a cool effect. The kitse are just gorgeous as well!
    Thanks for playing with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, can't wait to see more of your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout love the inking and kites Thanks for participating

    ReplyDelete