Thursday, December 1, 2011

Layout #70 - Scrapbookit




Just a quick post to show you this layout I finished the other day and share some happy news before I get too bogged down with December Daily. Remember my December Daily post? Well, I linked my project up to Scrapbooker's Anonymous for their A to Z challenge, and won myself an iRock!!! I know, I'm not kidding, I was totally freaking out, squealing and everything! This is the one tool I was planning to buy for myself eventually, but never did, so I'm very excited. Be prepared to see my 2012 layouts covered in bling!

On to this layout. I used this Page Maps sketch that Scrapbookit posted for their birthday challenges:

I loved this sketch and all the stitched hearts, so I stuck to it almost exactly. I used some of an old Close to My Heart paper pack called Unforgettable that I've barely used (now I'm a huge CTMH fan, I used to be a consultant, but I really don't know what they were thinking when they came out with this orange colour called Sorbet - it's pretty in theory, but I have a heck of a time matching it to ANYTHING! Hence the B&W photo, haha, goes with everything!) and some new goodies from my Lovelybug Bits 'n' Bobs embellishment kit. I'm quite loving how this one turned out, hope you do too.

Well, happy December! I'm going out to lunch with my mom and her friend, then pick the kids up from school for Jason's work party, then hockey practice. I think my dreams of crockpot chicken will have to be put on hold for something convenient like pizza!

Supplies: CTMH cardstock, patterned paper, brad, and ink, Creative Memories pen and rickrack trim, Lovelybug Bits 'n' Bobs ticket, tag, hemp and button

4 comments:

  1. Loving this layout!!! Those sewn on hearts are adorable! Love this idea! Might have to pinch that one day!!!

    Hugs, Carole xxx

    p.s. So excited to see the first page of your Christmas Journal!!! I've done mine ... but struggling ... you'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off congrad's on the win.. Lovely page as well.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! And a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is sooooo cool - I'd love to get one of those! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those stitched hearts girl! Your layout is very cute!! but not as cute as your little girl!!

    ReplyDelete