Friday, December 30, 2011

December Daily Day 15 and Some Christmas Cards

Do ya wanna hear my Christmas card sob story, do ya? Well, too bad, I'm gonna tell ya anyway! I made all these 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" cards (as above), then realized I didn't have envelopes to send them! And do ya think I could find any in this town? Heck no!!! So, I regrouped, found some envelopes, and made some cards to fit my envelopes instead of the other way around. This is actually a wise strategy, I don't know why I didn't think of it first! So, the cards above I hand delivered to friends and family in town, and the cards below were the ones that got mailed.

Supplies (snowman cards): Close to My Heart cardstock, Graphicat Designs stamp set, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Sizzix embossing folders, BoBunny patterned paper, Spellbinders dies

These smaller cards were made with a Sizzix embossing folder, lots of Tim Holtz distress ink, Perfect Pearls, Close to My Heart cardstock and stamp, Bo Bunny patterned paper, and Prima jewels to dress it up a bit (speaking of jewels, I got my i-rock in the mail yesterday, fun fun!).

All of this messing around with sizes, envelopes and designs meant I didn't get my cards out on time, or to all the folks I wanted to send to, so I was pretty disappointed with myself. So, next year I think I will start my cards waaaaay earlier, like, now maybe! And that way I won't get bummed out about it.

Carrying on with December Daily, here is my Day 15 page:

This was the day I got nothing done, and I was without wheels so I couldn't even get out of the house. Actually, I did try to take Brenna and Hunter for a walk, but she was screaming so hard about wearing a jacket instead of the snowsuit I stuck her in that her boots went flying off (you know the stiffened-body, head-thrown-back scream?) and I said, "Forget this!" I took these photos during the only quiet time she had that day, when she sat on the floor looking at a book. Deceptive indeed!

Supplies: Heidi Swapp journaling card and chipboard numbers, Close to My Heart stamps and ink, Maya Road chipboard word, DecoArt paint, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, unknown ribbon and patterned paper

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days and terrible two's.. You just have to give expecting to get anything done on them.. Cards are lovely and so is the page.. take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny about the envelopes!!! I don't have that excuse, I just procrastinated colouring for too long!!! Your cards are all gorgeous by the way!! I love what you do with the distress ink!! I wish we lived closer so we could get together and you could show me your magic!!
    Brenna looks so sweet in those pics, she's growing up so fast!!! I personally think you should have taken pics of the fit to scrapbook (: It would have really represented the day you were having!!! and it would have been blackmail for when she is older (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!!!
    I can so relate to this Roxy! Christine has been (for the most part) a good, even tempered child but we have had our share of tantrums. I think we've even had them over jacket choices! (Although, around here it's rain jacket vs hoodie type fights!) Love the pictures you did capture though. So cute! And I love that you changed them to black and white. I really need to remember to do that more! And the cards ... Stampin' Up! has a great supply of cards to fit the 5.5 x 4.25 card! Just sayin'!!! :)
    Oh, and I think there is going to be something new replacing P12. there should be an announcement tomorrow on the scrapbook and cards today blog. Fun! I still want to do a monthly roundup type layout though so you are on! Let's do it! I've got about 6 years of Becky's sketches saved on my hard drive, I'll start posting one each month and see what happens! Deal?

    ReplyDelete