Here's the sketch I was inspired by:
I flipped the sketch and centred everything to fit my pics, and also upsized it to 12x12. Then I added a bunch of stuff, like these flowers:
And here's a SMASH page that's been in the works for quite some time. I decided to SMASH my favorite music of the moment, so first I had to identify my fave songs, then google the bands, choose photos, and print them out. And then I just wrote away! The washi tape you see is stuff I made with Sook Wang tape, tissue paper, and background stamps.
And now you've reached the second edition of Roxy's Rambles. Feel free to skip this bit, but please leave a comment after the beep, heehee!
- Who takes care of car maintenance in your household? Before I met Jason, my dad took on that responsibility, and he kept my car spic and span, and even tried to teach me a thing or two i.e. I know how to locate the dipstick and fill my windshield washer fluid. (I also know how to pay for gas at the pump - laugh if you must, but I know for a fact there are people out there who don't, for example, my mom!) Other than that, though, I'm pretty clueless. Therefore, it's been a very stressful two weeks for me in that I had to bring our vehicle in FOUR TIMES for various things!!! With a TODDLER in tow! It's a new vehicle, too, so I'm really hoping we didn't get a lemon... Anyway, I survived, and hopefully don't have to go back...EVER!
- My kids got their report cards a week ago, and I was pleasantly surprised with Nolan's - he made the Honour Roll! Of course, he was upset that he didn't get straight A's like the other boys in his class - what?! First of all, hardly anybody got straight A's in my class, and certainly not the boys! And second, getting on the Honour Roll is awesome, especially for someone who struggles every day not to get in trouble! It took a while, but I think I convinced him that I am extremely proud of him.
- Ailis did great as well, but that was to be expected. She also performed a poem at the Festival of the Arts with two other girls from her class. It took a lot of courage to stand up in front of a crowd, and they were up first, too! They did very well!!!
- Jason passed his Registered Professional Forester exam, so he can officially call himself a forester now.
- Brenna fell in a mud puddle yesterday, and Hunter continues to chew toys and generally drive me bonkers.
- Have you ever tried to comment on someone's blog, and the word verification thingey comes up, asking you to prove that you're not a robot, and you realize you must be a robot because you can't read the damn letters? Happens to me all the time!
- Something happened the other day that's had me very discouraged. I was at Strong Start (a free playgroup they have at the school) with Brenna when an autistic girl started to have a bit of a meltdown. Brenna stared at her for a bit, but since she's used to chaos from being born into it, it didn't phase her too much and she went back to playing with the train set. I couldn't help but notice, however, the looks of disgust on the other mothers' faces, and that's what has got me so bummed out. These other two mothers are people I don't know well, but they seem like nice people - well put together, outgoing, they volunteer for the PAC... In short, people I thought I might like to get to know better. But once I saw how they glared at that little girl with their lips curled up, and how they quickly packed up their kids to bring them elsewhere to play, it changed my opinion of them 180 degrees! I've had those looks directed my way so many times in the past, but for some reason it just really got my goat this time. This little girl is nonverbal, so all she was doing was expressing herself in the only way she can, and it wasn't even that bad - her caregiver was able to redirect her and get her playing again in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time. It really surprised me to see these other moms displaying no tolerance whatsoever, but it is also kind of freeing to realize that I don't want to be friends with people like them. How do you choose your friends? Has your opinion of someone changed completely by witnessing how they treat others?