Saturday, September 5, 2009

You Go, Girl!


I had the story written down for this picture ages ago, it just took this long to actually get the photo printed and then down on paper. This is my daughter Ailis, and she's 4 years old. She's also a real girly girl princess. The journaling tells how she was watching a nature show with her brother and her dad, and how the narrator said that caves were one of the least explored places by man. Then it showed a man base jumping into a cave. Ailis asked if girls and ladies could base jump too. I just thought it was so cute that I took a picture of her then and there.


For this layout, I decided to try a sketch challenge from Page Maps. It's a beautiful sketch, but the orientation was the wrong way for my photo, so I flipped it. I also tried my hand at making my own accents. The butterfly is an old die cut, which I painted blue and green to match the paper, then sprinkled on some prisma glitter. The bracket I traced onto some packing chipboard, cut with a craft knife, painted blue, and doused in prisma glitter. (Note to self, and anyone else reading this: wait until the liquid glass or glue is DRY before you try to attach your accent to the page! It will make life a whole lot easier!) Oh, yeah, and the piece that looks like ribbon at the bottom of the photo is actually just a strip of patterned paper.


Supplies (all CTMH): patterned paper from Emporium Level 2 paper packet, Classmat Alphabet My Acrylix stamp set, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Crystal Blue, Exclusive Inks Marker in Cocoa, liquid glass, and prisma glitter


Other: journaling spot by Prima, butterfly die cut from Creative Memories, plain chipboard, staples, and blue and green acrylic paint by DecoArt


Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment