Friday, October 8, 2010

Early Christmas Card

Here's a card I whipped up for Papercraft Star #16 challenge, which is a sketch (I rotated it) and for Design Dollies elements challenge, which is a Christmas theme. I used a freebie image from Bugaboo stamps (I love her, she is SUCH a lush!!!), coloured her hair, skin, star, drink, and baggy panty hose with Copics, and the rest of the image with CTMH markers. Oh, shoot, I just realized I forgot to put gems on her earrings! Darn it, I'm going to do that right now... okay, so picture her with red gems for earrings, and red lips. Now she looks HOT, right? Inside, I wrote, "Blah, blah, blah!" because this is a card for a friend who doesn't really do Christmas, and she's a lush, too, heehee! Alrighty, the in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving, and I should be mopping the floor or something equally entertaining instead of blogging a half-finished card. Sigh. To all my lovelies out there in blog land have a great weekend, and hopefully I'll manage to get some crafty time to myself over the next few days, or I'll go maaaaaaad!

Suppies (all CTMH): White Daisy and Tulip cardstock, Jingle patterned paper, Exclusive Inks markers in Tulip, Juniper, and Black, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Tulip, Petite Perks stamp set (sentiment), White Daisy organdy ribbon

Other: Bugaboo stamps image, Copic markers
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I must admit, I am mighty fond of the funny cards ! This is really cute, and oh dear, I think that might be a stamp of ME !! Wonderful - and you made my whole afternoon !! So glad to have you play with us at Papercraft Star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so darling, you did a beautiful job coloring the "Lush"... I just love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm totally picturing her with sparkly red earrings! :) Hope you use some of that crafty time to make some more cards for us! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I can see the earrings can't you?!! :) What a fun image! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job! great image and sentiment! the paper is great too! :D We are glad you entered your card at PCS this week! Keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are an awesome card maker also, I love this, the blocking of the paper is awesome and the image itself is sooo cute. tell me what is a Lush, I have heard it before just not sure I really understand the meaning, might be like we say a "Charlene" or "bogan" over here??? Thank you so much for the gorgeous confidence you gave me by saying how much you liked my mini album, it means so much to me, so glad I met you through blog land. Sometimes I wish I could just pick up the phone and say "HI ROX"....Love to you and your family, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lady lush - very cool card :D

    thanks for visiting me while i was on my babymoon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the colour blocking and she's such a fun image!!

    ReplyDelete