Friday, October 1, 2010

Double Whammy!

Yesterday, the Purolator guy showed up with my Close to My Heart order, then when I picked up my mail, my Copics were in my box!!! (Insert happy dance here!) So of course, I had to play right away, and this is what I came up with - my very first Copic creation! I used a coloring tutorial from Suzanne Dean to figure out how to do the skin and hair, and then I colored the puppy and Tobie's pants and shoes with my E35 marker. Then I just paper pieced his shirt and pants cuffs, trimmed him out and assembled the card. I used a Some Odd Girl image, and this card will go in for their monochromatic challenge this week (works out perfectly for me seeing I only have one real color of Copic!) I don't know, I'm pretty stoked with how he turned out! I know I need some work with these markers, but I'm really pleased with how he turned out! However, I am open to constructive criticism, if anybody has tips on how to make him better next time.

Supplies: Cardstock, (back of) patterned paper, hemp, Chocolate ink, and Say it in Style stamp set from Close to My Heart, Eooo, E00, E11, E21, E35, R20, Y23, and YR23 Copics, buttons from my stash, and My Mind's Eye patterned paper
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Great card Rox!! You did a wonderful job colouring!! Copics are one of those things you learn as you go. I think you need to get a "feel" for them for yourself (: One thing I learned when I did the certification was to start with the lightest colour and shade from there. But that said, everyone does their own thing, I know some people that start with the darkest colour?? Have fun with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Copics!! They are so much fun! Kristy from Some Odd Girl has a great tutorial on her blog for them at the moment! Your card is fab... thanks for going monochromatic with Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly can be stoked about the card because your colouring is ACE. Way to go on your first copic creation!
    Thanks so much for being ODD with us over at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 1st Copics. You did a really good job. Good luck on not being further bitten by the Copic bug. Thanks for playing with us SOG girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute! :) Welcome to the Copic family! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job! Definately keep checking out those tutorials...that's the only way to learn; that and practice, practice, practice. (On Some Odd Girl images!!) :) Thanks for playing along with us Odd Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOT! Welcome to the copic fam! Its a slippery yet happy slope LOL! You did FABU on your first go! LOVE IT! Tobie looks super adorable! Thanks for being Odd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card - my girls loooove the puppy :D

    ReplyDelete