Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Easel Card!

This is my first easel card EVER, and I'm sooooo excited!!! I got to use a BRAND NEW image from Some Odd Girl, she's called 50's Kaylee, and I chose her especially because it's my mother-in-law's birthday on the 9th. It's totally her, she's always reminiscing about her childhood in the 50's. I didn't know what to put for a sentiment besides Happy Birthday, so I googled "popular sayings from the 50's" and "neat-o" was one that suited this card the best. When I showed Jason, he said, "Oh, she actually says that!" (Inside it says "It's Your Birthday!") I played with my Copics some more, and I think I managed to get her hair and skin to look pretty good. The dress and shoes are done with a watercolor pencil and blending pen. Thanks for looking!

Supplies: Some Odd Girl digi stamp, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, CTMH and Bazzill cardstock, TLC stickers, CTMH watercolour pencil, unknown ribbon

Copics: skin - E000, E00, and R20
hair - Y23, YR23, and E35
dress - E21
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card Rox!! I like how you put the ribbon through. You did an amazing job on her hair and skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Roxy! I havent't tried easel cards yet! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shape and ribbon treatment :D

    ReplyDelete