Thursday, October 28, 2010

Papercraft Star 19 and Make It Crafty



I made this card yesterday for the Papercraft Star challenge, which is to make something inspired by a Martha Stewart photo. The inspiration photo has lots of pale greens and light browns in it, which is what really drew my eye. I also used a sketch from Make It Crafty along with their theme, which is vintage. Every piece of paper used on this card was dyed using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and I also used some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls on the bird and swirl to give it a nice patina. I had to take two photos, because the card looks really different depending on the angle you look at it. I showed it tomy daughter this morning and said, "Don't you just love the jeweled flowers?" and she said, "Oh yes! It gives it just the right touch!" She was dressed up as a princess for school, so she must've been practicing her princess talk!
Supplies: CTMH cardstock in Colonial White, Tim Holtz stamp set, Perfect Pearls, and Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters, Walnut Stain, and Tea Dye, Prima flower centers, unknown ribbon


10 comments:

  1. Wow lots of work has gone into this card, do you have your own scraproom, I am looking for a valid reason why I don't attempt more complicated procedures in my work....I use the kitchen table you see,.....I bet your daughter looks super cute as a princess - just like her mum ---gorgeous. Have a great day. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the images you used! Gotta love Tim Holtz!! Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty! love your distressing. thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely gorgeous Rox!!! I love all of the sparkle(: I just picked up my first Tim Holtz distress inks last weekend so now I'll have to start playing so I can try to make a beautiful card like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - the swirl in the corner is gorgeous and I love the bird amazing how different the embossing looks as you change the angles. Thanks for joining us at Make it Crafty.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxy your card is stunning! Your daughter is so right with her comment regarding the jewelled flowers as they really are the finishing touch and they are still in keeping with the vintage look. Beautiful colour tones throughout your card. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh your distressing is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us in our fun challenge at Make it Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love that bird and the corner stamp!! Perfect for such an elegant vintage feel. The choice of papers and the final element of distressing the edges really makes it pop. Thanks so much for taking on my sketch. hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, your distressing is perfect and I love the soft colors you chose. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Make It Crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, just love all the distressing and your image is so perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Make it Crafty. Jill

    ReplyDelete