Monday, October 11, 2010

Layout #68


I just loved this sketch from Julie Bonner, so I printed it out and put it away for a bit, then found these photos that seemed to go well with it. Don't ya just loooooove this Cosmo Cricket paper? I had such a hard time choosing just two papers from this line, but I knew I had to limit myself! Some of the elements on this page are from blog candy prizes - gotta love that! And the title piece is embossed in clear powder, then misted with Glimmer Mist. Somehow, I managed to finish this page amidst the chaos of having the in-laws here for Thanksgiving. I had a hard time holding it together when I found that my FIL deposited his WET HAT on my craft table, INADVERTENTLY on my NEW PATTERNED PAPER!!! GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!! Three deep breaths, (a beer would've helped only I'm off the hooch due to the nursing baby!) and a reminder that it was an accident (huh) and no tears were shed. How was your Thanksgiving?

Supplies: Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Creative Memories pen, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, CTMH Picture Perfect stamp set and Clear Detail embossing powder, Versamark ink, unknown ribbon, twill, journaling spot, and fussy cut flowers
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yes I have to laugh, men are so "It's just a piece of paper" hey.....glad you took those deep breaths. A Charlene is a dag, picked on for being different, old-fashioned, just odd sort of person and mostly it is said as a funny comment to a friend who does something a little out of character, thanks for the definition of Lush, was not expecting that. I love that DeLovely CC papers and I think they might be some of the green cut out flowers I sent you?????if they are so glad you made such a gorgeous layout with them dear friend. Love to you and hope that paper dries out......Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great sketch and you did a fantastic job with it! Love the Cosmo Cricket too, the colours are so vibrant, perfect for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too funny Rox!!! It's a good thing your FIL didn't do that to me today, I would have bit his head off (: I love the colours in this paper, they're so bright and cheerful!! I love how you did the embossing for the title.

    ReplyDelete