Friday, August 13, 2010

Layout #51

Here's the final page for my husband's bike race 2 years ago. I had a bunch of photos, and I wanted to include them all, so I went to my "Creative Sketches for Scrapbooking" book by Becky Higgins for inspiration. I really like the layout of it! I also used SPCC colours from a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't meet the challenge deadline because of our little holiday. (As an aside, we went to our home town of Williams Lake for a week, right during the big forest fires. It was insane, I've never seen anything like it! So much smoke and haze, felt like standing in a campfire!) I really loved the Twitterpated paper pack when I first bought it, and I've used up almost all the blue and green paper, but this brown tree print had been sitting there for ages! I'm so glad to finally use it, and I think it works well here. I used some corrugated cardboard and grunged it up with ink, and my husband had kept the official poster from the event in his workshop, so I swiped it and cut it all up to use. Whoever made the poster did a great job! Do you see the pig skull and crossbones on the right hand page? Too cute!

Supplies (all CTMH): patterned paper from Twitterpated and Emporium Level 2 paper packs, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Cocoa

Other: Kraft cardstock, cardboard, staples, Creative Memories pen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I would just love that book by Becky, I love the way she puts so many photos on a page with beautiful papers and embellies, this double is just brilliant, love the Big Pig.....

    ReplyDelete