Sunday, August 29, 2010

Layout #56


I made this layout with the Design Dollies Elements Challenge in mind. It calls for: the color red, at least 3 ovals, a flourish, glitter, and 2 patterned papers. The part I had the most trouble with was the ovals! My old pages have tons of ovals, that was the "thing", but lately, no way! Anyway, this was a really fun page to put together. I really loved both sides of this paper from Pink Paislee, and I wanted to use both, so I cut out a section and turned it over, then stitched it together. How's that for frugal? I sprayed some glimmer mist on the white part, but it didn't show up enough, and I wasn't sure that was really "glitter", so I put some little dabs of liquid glass and prisma glitter on my grungeboard, which unfortunately doesn't show up that well in the photo. The other funny thing is that pleated ribbon on top. That's the first time I've ever tried it, and my sewing was totally erratic, so I had to cover it up with the star ribbon. That technique could use some work, ha ha!

That's my mother-in-law with Ailis there, by the way. They're like 2 peas in a pod, quite silly together!

Supplies: patterned paper from Pink Paislee, Tim Holtz grungeboard, distress ink, and perfect pearls, Prima journaling card, 7 Gypsies brads, Making Memories small letter stickers, MAMBI glitter letter stickers, Close to My Heart liquid glass and prisma glitter, unknown ribbon, Creative Memories pen

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big oval fan either, but I love how you incorporated them into this layout! The photos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love how you have put them in this layout, funny how they were so popular years ago I guess that is the old Creative Memories days, but this is a really cool layout, by the way, am sending your rak tomorrow morning and still stuffing it with bits and pieces I think you will love. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lots of fun Roxy :) I struggle with ovals too, but you've done a great job with the criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great!!! I love the pictures!! What a fun Grandma (:
    I actually started a card for that challenge, but when I went to use my cuttlebug to cut out some ovals, it broke. I just got my new one yesterday (Provocraft is an awesome company if you ask me!!) so I guess I better go finish it (:

    ReplyDelete