Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Layout #19 for Scrap-tures

You might have wondered about this layout I posted a while back. I completed the layout, scheduled it to post, and then didn't have time to write anything about it. Then I promptly forgot about it with all the moving and packing and selling the house. Yes, it seems like we sold the house, without even listing it or putting up a sign! I won't rejoice yet until the money has changed hands, but fingers crossed, everything looks good...

My mom is such a doll, she's loaning me her laptop because we are still unconnected here, and she knows how much I need the computer (I'm "addicted", is how she described me to Jason!) I made this layout with the Scrap-tures April '11 kit for their online crop a few weeks ago, and what a lot of fun that was! I've never done an online crop, but I think it won't be the last time I do it! Anyway, the challenge I completed for this layout was to use a black and white photo. I had printed this photo of Brenna for my Project 12 January layout, but I didn't like the sepia tone with my other photos, so I left it out. I think it looks beautiful on its own with these papers, though. I really loved using that Maya Road trim and the MME "FUN" chipboard stickers. What looks like blue trim there is stamped with one of the MME stamps from the kit, I just masked it to use one bit.

Well, I should actually try to get some work done with Brenna napping, it's virtually impossible to do anything when she's awake. She's into EVERYTHING, and of course she doesn't listen when Mommy says "No!"

Supplies (from Scrap-tures April '11 kit): My Mind's Eye patterned paper, stamp set, title, and chipboard banner, Maya Road trim

Other: Close to My Heart cardstock and ink, Creative Memories pen and corner rounder, Page Maps sketch

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm happy you took part in the online crop! Thanks again for your help last month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I remember not getting anything done whilst Nate was awake...but cherish these times as now he is downstairs playing with the neighbours kids most of the time and I miss the little man hanging off me. I love the layout you made here, those flower ribbon joined in the corner is just beautiful. You must be feeling pretty good being able to now start roots somewhere else. I would sooo love to be in a house of my own, although living in our old family home is the next best thing. Great to see you are still managing some scrapping with all the hectic going ons you must have. Congratulations on your move and lol re: addicted - I think this is a very common addiction. Love to you all. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet layout and photo, love those colours :)

    ReplyDelete