Saturday, May 14, 2011

Layout #20 - What are your essentials?



Seems like everyone's having problems with blogger lately! My last post was up for a day, I think, then it was gone, then I couldn't sign in to blogger, then I found the post and it was my old draft so I had to fix it and repost it, sigh! Anyway, if you didn't read my book review post and you like to read, scroll down to see what I've been into these days.


Here's a page I just finished, and it really made me think about what my scrapbooking essentials are. Before we moved, I had printed out a sketch, chosen this patterned paper to go with my photos, found the fibres and letter stickers to match, and put the whole shebang in a large ziploc bag so it was all ready to go when we arrived here. A little page kit! But then I spent an inordinate amount of time searching for my paper trimmer, and then ages more looking for my pens. So I guess a paper trimmer is my #1, and pens are #2. I think many of you use your computers for journaling - is a printer your essential tool? Once I got everything stuck down, it was looking a little drab, so I had to dig in my bucket of prize goodies (fortunately at hand!) to find some embellishments to cluster up. Do you recognize anything here, Mel? So, cute embellies would probably be #3, but of course you need adhesive to stick everything down, and then the actual page base is also essential whether you use patterned paper or cardstock...Wow, no wonder people get carried away with supplies, there are just so many things we need to do this hobby!


I took these photos 2 summers ago when we were at my in-laws place at the same time Jason's cousin and daughter came to visit (I never know, is that a second cousin, and then what is she to the kids? We always just say cousin.) Jason's family are all a lot of fun, and I've really enjoyed getting to know them over the past 12 years. That's right, today is my 12th anniversary, I can't really believe it! Last night my mom babysat, and we went out to a restaurant at the same site as our nuptials. We had a fabulous dinner, only I'm paying for it today with a tummy ache (Jason says it's bad karma for eating veal!) and then took some photos where we exchanged vows. It's a heritage site, and they've added some extras over the years, which was neat to see. Anyhoo, it's beautiful and sunny for the moment, so I think I shall take Brenna for a walk, try and work off some of that dark chocolate lava cake!


Supplies: Fancy Pants patterned paper, Creative Memories patterned paper, pen and letter stickers, Maya Road fibres, Close to My Heart cardstock and photo hangers, unknown hemp, chipboard buttons, other buttons, tag, glitter star, and fussy cut flower, Design Dollies sketch

3 comments:

  1. Happy Wedding Anniversary Roxy & Jason!!!

    Loving your layout and how organised are you to make yourself a little layout kit in amongst moving house!!!

    I think it would be near impossible to prioritise my crafting essentials! I use so many bits and bobs when crafting even if only for a tiny job (like my pokey tool for piercing a hole for a brad) ...

    (My bathroom renovations seem to be going backwards at the moment so I shall have some really good before/during/after pics for you!)

    Hugs

    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout Rox!! I like the saying on the journaling spot (: This is a great layout for the kids to have when they are older!! Especially if it's a relative they may not see very often.
    I can tell you my paper trimmer is one of my essentials!! I went to a crop yesterday and discovered my trimmer wasn't working properly (the kids had knocked off my table a couple of days ago and the little strip under the blade fell out) it really sucked ): My tape runner is definitely number two (: I love my new pink ATG!!
    Happy Anniversary by the way!!!! That was nice that you got to go out for a nice dinner!! but I have to agree with Jason about the veal. I grew up on a dairy farm so to me that's just wrong!! (sorry just my opinion!!)
    Anyway, it's nice having you back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! 12 years, eh? Awesome!
    I love that you made yourself a kit so you could keep scrapping even during the move! Rock star!!
    My all time neccessaries are probably about the same as yours: paper trimmer, adhesive, paper (duh!), alphas, journalling pens, and pretty stuff. Oh, but then there's the border punches and shape punches and mt Cricut ... sigh. I think I may need to start making my "hobby" pay for itself!!

    ReplyDelete