- I did a bunch of hand cutting, so I could showcase as much of this GORGEOUS Webster's Pages paper as I could.
- There's a whole schwack of stamping! I stamped the cardstock matting the photo and inked one up with Distress Ink and and some Perfect Pearls. The blue hearts and title are also stamped and distressed and/or Perfect Pearlized.
- The little owl button at the bottom is distressed also. Sprayed him with some Perfect Pearl mist I made with Heirloom Gold, then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
- Added a bunch of stickers.
- Covered some Cosmo Cricket blackboard asterisks with paper, then inked them up with Fired Brick Distress Ink.
- Took a week to decide where everything would be placed.
- Agonized over whether owls, butterflies, and ducks could live in harmony on the same page. Still haven't reached a conclusion, but I've convinced myself that once I'm dead and gone, nobody's gonna care. (Or they will care, but I'll be dead so I won't!)
Anyway, I think I love it! What do you think about my little duckie buttons? Aren't they so adorable?! I found them in my mom's button stash, so they are truly vintage! Here's a couple of close-ups:
So with all that effort, I am eligible for a couple of challenges. I used a sketch and embellishment (Mr. Owl) from Purple Pumpkin (check out their blog here, it is always full of new products and inspiration) for their May challenge. Scrapbooker's Anonymous asked me to stamp two papers and three embellies for the May challenge. And I thought I would try and get in on Jenn's DT's challenge for the first time over at Scrap and Stamp, but I may have missed the deadline for that one. They asked me to pull out something I've been hoarding for a while. Well, that could be the paper (over a year old, and too beautiful to use) or the stickers (probably 8 years old and never inspired to use).
Gotta get back to Brenna baby, she just learned how to stand today without pulling up on anything, and she took her first step (Jason doesn't even know this yet!) Oh, now she's found a brush and is brushing her hair, too cute! Oh, remembered something else: I tried leaving comments on some of your blogs this morning, and blogger wasn't letting me! So, if you're missing my lovely comments, that's why (it's not my fault, honest).
Supplies: Webster's patterned paper, Close to My Heart cardstock, stamps, pen, and Olive ink, Ranger/Tim Holtz stamp set, Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls, Cosmo Cricket blackboard, Purple Pumpkin button, Creative Memories stickers, unknown date stamp, twine, and duckie buttons