Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Layout #21 - Bubble Beard

This layout took for freakin' ever to finish!!! And here's why:












  1. I did a bunch of hand cutting, so I could showcase as much of this GORGEOUS Webster's Pages paper as I could.





  2. There's a whole schwack of stamping! I stamped the cardstock matting the photo and inked one up with Distress Ink and and some Perfect Pearls. The blue hearts and title are also stamped and distressed and/or Perfect Pearlized.





  3. The little owl button at the bottom is distressed also. Sprayed him with some Perfect Pearl mist I made with Heirloom Gold, then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.





  4. Added a bunch of stickers.





  5. Covered some Cosmo Cricket blackboard asterisks with paper, then inked them up with Fired Brick Distress Ink.





  6. Took a week to decide where everything would be placed.





  7. Agonized over whether owls, butterflies, and ducks could live in harmony on the same page. Still haven't reached a conclusion, but I've convinced myself that once I'm dead and gone, nobody's gonna care. (Or they will care, but I'll be dead so I won't!)




Anyway, I think I love it! What do you think about my little duckie buttons? Aren't they so adorable?! I found them in my mom's button stash, so they are truly vintage! Here's a couple of close-ups:







So with all that effort, I am eligible for a couple of challenges. I used a sketch and embellishment (Mr. Owl) from Purple Pumpkin (check out their blog here, it is always full of new products and inspiration) for their May challenge. Scrapbooker's Anonymous asked me to stamp two papers and three embellies for the May challenge. And I thought I would try and get in on Jenn's DT's challenge for the first time over at Scrap and Stamp, but I may have missed the deadline for that one. They asked me to pull out something I've been hoarding for a while. Well, that could be the paper (over a year old, and too beautiful to use) or the stickers (probably 8 years old and never inspired to use).





Gotta get back to Brenna baby, she just learned how to stand today without pulling up on anything, and she took her first step (Jason doesn't even know this yet!) Oh, now she's found a brush and is brushing her hair, too cute! Oh, remembered something else: I tried leaving comments on some of your blogs this morning, and blogger wasn't letting me! So, if you're missing my lovely comments, that's why (it's not my fault, honest).





Supplies: Webster's patterned paper, Close to My Heart cardstock, stamps, pen, and Olive ink, Ranger/Tim Holtz stamp set, Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls, Cosmo Cricket blackboard, Purple Pumpkin button, Creative Memories stickers, unknown date stamp, twine, and duckie buttons

20 comments:

  1. I love your page! And your blogging. :) I think that ducks, owls, and butterflies would live in harmony for the most part. :) Your page is darling. All your agonizing is worth it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! It's gorgeous and all the creatures live in harmony beautifully. All the time and effort were worth it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a ton of work, but the results are absolutely gorgeous! Stunning layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO, it was worth the time it took, love the stamping and fussy cutting. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeeeeeeeee it!! I totally think it was worth the time! I loveeeeeeee the photo and the papers you used! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING work!! Well worth the time I reckon!!! Gorgeous take on the PP sketch...thanks for joining :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, it is just a matter of time and Brenna will be everywhere, I love how you fussy cut the bits out of the paper and 3'd them?, I love how you circled the twine around the PP button, and it is a small world, Nate was born in Hervey Bay, so will have to drive there in our road trip when you come over, I have been off line for about 3 days because of blogger. So glad to be back in the land of the living. lol, Hope you are all well in your house, thinking of you. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, all the time it took was well worth it!! Thanks for joining in at PP:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Roxy!! I (of course) LOVE the owl and how you framed him. :)
    Your fussy cutting looks awesome and I love those vintage buttons! Sometimes layouts seem to take forever and cause us so much aggravation.. but in the end, when you get these results, it's sooo worth it. :D
    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roxy Rolla - you are freaking funny - I love your story why it took you so freaking long to do your layout. The layout is awesome too - worth the time you invested! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    Anne Pennington

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would seem like the time you took to finish this page definitely paid off, because it's gorgeous!! I love the little owl and that Webster's Pages paper is awesome isn't it? I love how you wrapped the twine around the owl! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are TOO funny!!! Your page is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love all of the little things you added, distressed, cut out.... As for all of the creatures, they would be fine, the duck is on the ground, the butterflies are in the sky, and the owl only comes out at night (:
    Get over to Scrap & Stamp and leave a comment with a link to your blog, the challenges run for 2 weeks so you're still good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very sweet lo! The mix is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's beautiful - worth all the hard work I think- I'm glad you played along with SA

    ReplyDelete
  15. all your hard work was worth it. what a wonderful layout. love that little owl in the corner. Thanks so much for stamping and playing with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a beautiful layout, so worth all the time and effort. Love the little owl with his twine "nest" - great idea!

    Hugs

    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the twisting of your twine around the PP button. Thanks for playing along with our sketch this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Roxy... this is totally wowzers!!! ...I love how you fussy cutting the bits out of the paper You nailed it!!! I love how you circled the twine around the PP button and that giggly hoot too...too cute...!!!!Thank you so much for playing along with US over at SA... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that was definately worth the effort. Your layout is just lovely and I love the way you wrapped that green twine around the owl button. Thanks for playing at PP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Roxy, I haven't been able to comment because of blogger and your post is one I've been meaning to come back to :) LOVE this layout, and YAY for Brenna being so clever and taking a step!

    ReplyDelete